Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shongdo5

Prime Video remove from continue watching

The Prime video app on Roku used to allow remove from continue watching by pressing the star key and selecting the option to remove. Star key now does nothing. Screen says 'hold select for more options'. This only gives the options of more details or add to/remove from watchlist. Anybody know how to remove from continue watching?

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Prime Video remove from continue watching

Hi @shongdo5,

Thanks for bringing to our attention that you don't have the option to remove the Prime video content from the Continue Watching category on Roku. I'll be more than happy to assist you with this issue.

Let's see if this will work for you. Kindly follow the details below.

Before you try to remove Prime Video Content from the Continue Watching category, try system restarting your Roku device first.

1. Open the Settings menu from the Home menu
  2. Select System
  3. Select Power
  4. Select System restart
  5. Select Restart

To remove a movie from the Continue Watching queue on Roku, you can do the following:

1. Open the What to Watch option from the Home menu.
  2. Select Continue Watching
  3. Highlight the movie you want to remove from the Continue Watching queue
  4. Press the star button (*) on your Roku remote
  5. Select Remove from Continue Watching

If the issue persists after trying to troubleshoot the steps provided above, we highly suggest contacting Prime Video's channel provider for further assistance.

Please let us know if this will help you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kb1jop
Binge Watcher

"Open the Watch to Watch menu from the Home menu."

I think you mean "What to Watch" and that's on the ROKU home page (if Shown).

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @kb1jop.

We sincerely apologize for the typos, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have already fixed it.

Feel free to reach out if there's anything else we can help you with or create a new post for different concerns. You may also visit our Support website for additional troubleshooting resources. 

We hope you continue to have a Happy Streaming! 💜

Warm regards,
Carly 

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Claudia42
Channel Surfer

Pardon me if I am incorrect -  but I don’t think this is what original poster was referring to. I am having the same issue. 
In the Prime app in Roku - NOT the Roku homescreen, we are no longer able to “Hide Title” to remove from Continue Watching. We now receive a message to hold select key for options. Our options are Add/Remove from List or info details on the program/movie. We are no longer able to remove titles from Continue Watching. 
My Continue Watching is getting cluttered with titles I may have watched and decided to I did not want to continue and some movies that were watched completely.

I have restarted my Roku system and updated Amazon app on Roku.
is there a solution for this problem? If not are Roku or Amazon aware of this problem and working on it? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
kb1jop
Binge Watcher

You are correct. This removes it from ROKU's Continue Watching but when you go back to Prime, it's still there. Apparently the only way to get rid of it is to run it out, which is stupid and a big pain especially if there's multiple episodes. This kind of thing also happens on HULU in certain circumstances. How come the "lesser" apps like Roku Channel and Tubi don't have this issue?  Doesn't make sense. At least Netflix gets it right.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Claudia42 @kb1jop.

Greetings from the Roku Community. 

If I understand it correctly, do you mean removing certain content through the Continue Watching feature inside the Prime Video app? 

If this is the case, we would highly recommend that you coordinate this with the channel provider directly as they manage and maintain their app on the Roku streaming platform independently. It may be possible that this feature has been removed from their system.

You may reach them here: Prime Video Support

Furthermore, please be informed that the steps provided by @RokuRiamie-D above are for the Continue Watching feature under the What to Watch category on your Roku Home screen. 

I hope you find this formation helpful.

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.