Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregM
Streaming Star

Re: Postage Stamp Display on Ultra?

Jump to solution

It does not work correctly again.

Same problem.

Worked correctly with rechargeable unit, does not work correctly with battery powered unit.

Hard to believe it is a problem with the channel.

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I even went out and bought a new Roku ultra yesterday, but having same problem, plus Paramount plus is not in 4K HDR, but the small picture that you describe I’m having it on the new one also.   

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with the screen display when accessing the Amazon Prime channel.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue, but we will need more details to investigate.  Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshot of the issue on screen

Once we have these details, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into further. We look forward to hearing back from each of you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

4800X Roku Ultra (I returned the new 4802r to BestBuy since it did the same thing, dont have info on that)

X01000H342RM

S02A213342RM

11.5.0 build 4312-C2

Amazon Prime only, version 14.1, build 2023021311

While watching something that is streaming when I hit the home button once of course it just goes back to home But yes I hit it five times in a row then the return button five times in a row and nothing came up No number nothing like that Maybe you have a different way of doing this I hope?  You are saying while it is streaming with the bad picture hit the roku home (upper right) 5 times then the return button also on the roku remote (upper left) 5 times?  Yeah, did that, nothing happens.

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Finally got the tracker id

ID RM-126-499

Screen shot to come, I have to wait a while after power off for it to do it again.

As to steps reproduce, that is easy.  Turn on ROKU and go to prime app and try and play any video.  Then it happens.  But it goes away if you then go to any other app and play any video for any amount of time nd go back and then it plays ok.  But when the unit is shut down and after more than half an hour or so and I go back it happens again, every single time.

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

image.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Postage Stamp Display on Ultra with Amazon Prime channel

Jump to solution

@randys

Thanks for following up with us and providing the information requested. 

I have forwarded your concerns to the relevant Roku team to conduct further investigation. As soon as we receive more details, we will update this Community thread accordingly.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Lucyfan77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine does the same thing with different channels.  The show will start in about a 2 inch square in the top left corner of my screen.   The rest of the screen is blank.  It is NOT the tv.  
I have to restart my Roku every day (sometimes multiple times) to get a normal picture.  This just started a week ago

0 Kudos
Bruce88
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This issue began for me a week ago, on Acorn, and now it's doing it on Prime.  At first the image was 1/9th the screen, now it's postage stamp size, 1/4 of the 1/9th size. Pulling power from Roku Ultra for 10-15 sec sometimes gets the full screen back, sometimes not. Sometimes switching to netflix and back corrects issue, sometimes not.

With so many having this issue which began recently, what changed????  Was there a flawed update sent out?

0 Kudos
Lucyfan77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I didn’t get a known issue.  It’s annoying as heck though!  (I watch. a LOT of acorn!)

0 Kudos