Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robkalthoff
Reel Rookie

Philo freezing on one tv/roku device only

I stream through Roku & have at least 10 mbps. When I watch Philo, the screen freezes frequently but the sound doesn’t.  I am using a newer Roku Express 4k+, with an older Hisense tv that is capable of 1080p resolution. This just started fairly recently and doesn't happen on other apps or on other tv/Roku combinations. I have restarted everything multiple times, added a new, expensive HDMI cable, etc. Ideas? 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Philo freezing on one tv/roku device only

Hi @Robkalthoff
Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be delighted to look closely to see how we may assist you in getting started. Does the issue only occur on Philo or across other channels installed on your Roku?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried re-connecting your Roku to a solid wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing? You may also try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as another mobile phone signal typically provided and maintained by specific mobile phone (cellular) service providers, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Robkalthoff
Reel Rookie

Hi Lianna, thanks for replying! This freezing issue has only been happening on Philo channels, and only on one Roku unit/tv combination. The good news is that it hasn't happened for several days, leading me to believe that someone on your end has found a fix for it. Many of the posts I read mentioned that this started after the latest update, not sure if that is true or not. Anyhow, no problems for a while!

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Robkalthoff

Thank you for the response. Your satisfaction is essential to us, and we're glad to know it's working now! Know that we're only a message away if there's anything else we can help you with.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

It’s not fixed. Our Hisense TV with the Roku ultra 4K is freezing as well. It’s been doing it for a good week or more now. I even checked for a possible update on both the roku and the app

0 Kudos
Robkalthoff
Reel Rookie

Katahdinplayer, it happened to us again a few times today, and not just on our Hisense tv; also happened on our TCL 4K UHD Roku tv. That tells me that this issue must be one of three things: our sometimes inconsistent backcountry bandwidth; our Roku devices; or the Philo app.

Did yours freeze on any particular app/channel?

Comments anyone?

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Robkalthoff

Thank you for the inquiry!

Does the issue only occur on Philo or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Have you tried removing the affected channel and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Keep us posted if you have any further queries that we can assist with.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos