Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kiki594
Reel Rookie

Peacock app no longer available even though it shows as an installed channel

Jump to solution

How do I get the app back on my TV? I've had the app since 2020, and now it's gone...but it still shows as an installed channel when I check my account.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Peacock app no longer available even though it shows as an installed channel

Jump to solution

Hi @Kiki594,

Thanks for the response!

Please note that not all Roku streaming devices support the Peacock TV channel. To help determine if your device in your country is compatible, you need to know the device model. To find this information, go to the home screen on your Roku device and select Settings > System > About.

• The models below support the Peacock TV channel:
  • Roku 2 (4210X model only)
  • Roku 3 & 4 (model 4200X or later)
  • Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600X or later)
  • Roku Express/Express+ (model 3900X or later)
  • Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (model 3920X or later)
  • Roku Ultra/Ultra LT (model 4640X or later)
  • Roku TV and Smart Soundbar (model 5000X or later)

Once you add the channel to your Roku account via the website, it will only install on Roku units with which it is compatible. A channel search should only show channels it can run.

In addition, if you haven't tried yet, run a manual update on your Roku player for the channel to show up. To do this, go to Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. If there are still no dice, please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found in Settings > System > About.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Peacock app no longer available even though it shows as an installed channel

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Kiki594!

Firstly, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming. We'd be happy to look closely into this matter and determine its cause.

Could you first confirm if you have the same Roku account linked to your TV? Also, since you can confirm that the Peacock channel is installed through your Roku account, can you please try removing the channel and reinstalling it to see if it appears on your Home screen? If not, we can add it directly through your Home screen by choosing Store, Select Channels, and Add Channel

We have a dedicated support article for this: How to add apps to your Roku streaming device.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kiki594
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Carly!  Thanks for responding.  I have already tried to uninstall the channel through my account - it still doesn't show up on my TV home screen after I add it back.  I'm wondering if it's because I had the app on my old TCL Roku TV.  If so, how do I move it to my Roku streaming device?  Both of the devices were on my account, but I removed the TV yesterday since I no longer have it.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kiki594,

Thanks for the response!

Please note that not all Roku streaming devices support the Peacock TV channel. To help determine if your device in your country is compatible, you need to know the device model. To find this information, go to the home screen on your Roku device and select Settings > System > About.

• The models below support the Peacock TV channel:
  • Roku 2 (4210X model only)
  • Roku 3 & 4 (model 4200X or later)
  • Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600X or later)
  • Roku Express/Express+ (model 3900X or later)
  • Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (model 3920X or later)
  • Roku Ultra/Ultra LT (model 4640X or later)
  • Roku TV and Smart Soundbar (model 5000X or later)

Once you add the channel to your Roku account via the website, it will only install on Roku units with which it is compatible. A channel search should only show channels it can run.

In addition, if you haven't tried yet, run a manual update on your Roku player for the channel to show up. To do this, go to Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. If there are still no dice, please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found in Settings > System > About.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.