Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drimit

75 inch Roku TV black screen.

My parents precious TV has quit working today. What is happening is its screen never comes on at all. It will occasionally very quickly flash a white screen. If you try to navigate through the menus with the remote it still has sound. It is a Hisense roku tv 75 inches. If you need more details let me know before they shoot it with a shotgun (they are rednecks.)

3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 75 inch Roku TV black screen.

For a Hisense TV, you need to contact them for hardware issues. This sounds like a failing backlight, since there's still flashes of light.

Hisense
https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/
1-888-935-8880

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
mc1990

I have a similar issue but the screen never flashes. It has been a few days now and the picture quality seemed great until it suddenly failed. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@mc1990 if your screen has gone completely dark, then the backlight has failed. It can be replaced by a service center. You need to contact the manufacturer of your TV, as most are not built and sold by Roku. See this page for contact information for the various manufacturers of Roku TVs. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos