Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dankychado
Reel Rookie

Paramount Plus flickers while finding a show

Jump to solution

While on the home page of Paramount+, the screens will flicker when I go from one show to another. It only seems to happen when there is a preview available for the show/movie. I've uninstalled the app and even factory defaults the Roku. This only happens on my Roku, the Paramount app on my TV does not do this. Any help is greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount Plus flickers while finding a show

Jump to solution

@Dankychado 

Disable framerate matching:  Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Advanced display settings/Auto-adjust display refresh rate = Off

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Dankychado 

Disable framerate matching:  Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Advanced display settings/Auto-adjust display refresh rate = Off

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@UserOfStreamers 

Thanks for that tip. I just noticed that happening with my Roku device last night. I'll give that a shot. And again, thanks.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Dankychado
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You're legend! That did the trick, now I can watch Paramount again. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Rkwks

Jump to solution

Thank you for this solution it makes Paramount Plus watchable!

0 Kudos
YUT-YAS

Jump to solution

Thank you very much!!!!!!  I’ve been fighting this issue for a LONG TIME. Your advice fixed my problem instantly. Paramount + and HBO were practically non navigable do to the black flickering. If I let it flicker too long the Hdcp error screen would come on and I’d have to reset everything to make it go away. Again thank you 😊 🙏 for your knowledge and for saving my sanity.