Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PD490

Re: Paramount Plus Audio Video Sync Issues

Jump to solution

Yes 720 fixed the issue for me today on Roku device and now Paramount+ works fine. I agree that paramount and Roku need to resolve and also provide tech support with a entry in the knowledge base that points directly to this resolution for the problem. 

Roku did not point me in the right direction but paramount did along with 10 other things it might be. This one was the only one that made sense so I tried it first and it worked. I did do a Roku restart after the change just in case. 

sanchio
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had the problem watching Twilight Zone and it wasn't live on Firestick. I changed to my

Roku and had the same problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @sanchio

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? What channel are you watching the content? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
sanchio
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was watching a Twilight Zone episode on Paramount+ . First I was using Firestick and the audio didn't synch so I switched to Roku and had the same result. Iy was a episode from the CBS library.

0 Kudos
Confuzzled
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There is something seriously wrong with CBS and Roku. I could not get it resolved. Same problem, synching issues with audio. 

0 Kudos
Jewle
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Have you lowered the resolution to 720p when watching Paramount+ ?  It's the only way I can watch Paramount "live." I only watch CBS.  Then I have to go back into settings & up the resolution to 1080p when done watching Paramount.  Real pain in the you know what Woman Mad !!  It's the only channel I have problems w on both my Roku & Firestick.  Therefore, it's apparently an issue w Paramount, which they know about & they refuse (obviously!) to fix it, as this has been going on for along time...just look how far back this forum dates back to.  We customers mean nothing to them as long as we continue to pay for the service!
sanchio
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the problem on the cheaper plan. I have the problem on Firestick and Roku which leads

me to believe it's a Paramount+ problem

0 Kudos
BozMN

Re: Paramount Plus audio and video is out of sync on my Roku device

Jump to solution

What I found is in the Paramount + app, I went to settings and down to Live TV channel.  It was on a station 2 hours from my home and when I had it look for the local channel, it brought up the local one and I clicked ok on that one.  Now the audio sync is fine.

0 Kudos
Jdub3366

Jump to solution

Only fix is changing your Roku settings under display to stream at 720p. Paramount does not auto detect for live stream and you cannot change it inside the app. Change Roku to 720p and will remove the lag on live stream. Really dumb on part of Paramount. 

0 Kudos
DonnS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes but you can only do this if you have a stand-alone Roku. If you have a Roku TV like I do, you cannot change the resolution, so you cannot fix the problem. I have pointed this out to Roku, because the TV has their brand, but they have not gotten back to me. It is a Hitachi-Roku TV.

0 Kudos