Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jp144
Channel Surfer

Paramount Plus - How to sign up for a Yearly subscription

Jump to solution

How do I sign up for the Paramount+ yearly subscription through Roku? 

When I click the “7 day free trial” button it says that it will automatically sign me up for $11.99 a month. But I don’t want to sign up for a monthly, I want to sign up for yearly because that brings the price down to a little over $9 instead.

Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount Plus - How to sign up for a Yearly subscription

Jump to solution

@jp144-

If you sign up directly on the Paramount Plus website instead of through Roku you can get the annual rate. Then install the Paramount Plus channel app on your Roku and access Paramount Plus through that.

As an added bonus you will be able to view your subscription on any other platform supported by Paramount Plus, not just on Rokus.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jp144-

If you sign up directly on the Paramount Plus website instead of through Roku you can get the annual rate. Then install the Paramount Plus channel app on your Roku and access Paramount Plus through that.

As an added bonus you will be able to view your subscription on any other platform supported by Paramount Plus, not just on Rokus.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
jp144
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for reminding me about the part about viewing on any device. I am actually set up this way now on Paramount Plus. I was looking to switch over to Roku when my yearly subscription ended, because I like the ability to have all my Saved Items in one location in the Roku App. But you are right, I knew there was another reason why signing up through Paramount itself was preferable. 

Too bad Roku can’t find a way to partner better with their content providers. If they either provided us a way to view the channel on other devices when using Roku as the payment provider, or allowed a way to add to our Saved Lists shows we are following from the a 1st party app provided by the content provider themselves, they we could use the Roku App as the center of our TV watching universe. 😊

0 Kudos