Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cal595

Re: Paramount+ Green Screen when playing movies

Jump to solution

Thank you Mike208. Just added my email to the list. However, Roku should have done a better job informing subscribers to the issue. They could have posted SOMETHING on their website!

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Paramount+ known issues page:  https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/Instructions-Known-Issues-All-Paramount-Domestic

Currently showing problems on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Comcast, Cox, and Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount+ Green Screen when playing movies on Roku dongles

Jump to solution

Lots of complaints on this already.  See https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Paramount-Green-Screen-when-playing-movies/td-p/84761...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DandJ

Jump to solution

Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

**model #44660RW-Roku ulltra

Serial#YJ002T262629

Device ID: CS4882262629

Software Version: 11.5.0 • build 4312-46

does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

** So far, only seems to occur on Paramount +

Version 7.9 Build 202212122

tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)

Tracker ID: 29-018-277

steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Only seems to happen on my Roku Ultra. My Roku Model # 3920X- Roku Premiere has no issue with Paramount + green screen

0 Kudos
Wcorsini

Jump to solution

Same in Michigan. Can stream on phone but not Roku. Agree problem Paramount + since other channels work fine. Also tried all recommended fixes. 

I'm going to wait for them to fix their end since nothing I do makes a difference. 

0 Kudos
JoJoBean87
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Has anyone been able to fix the issue? I have never had a problem with Paramount Plus app before. This is the first time, but no matter what I do the screen goes green on everything that I try to watch. You can still hear the sound in the background. It works on my tablet with no issues what so ever. I hope Roku fixes this issue soon.

0 Kudos
xmmwx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  Nothing works, except I was able to watch the soap opera Young and the Restless. Most shows go to green screen and reinstating the channel did not work.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

As of 12:10p EDT, I'm #65 in the chat bot help queue with Paramount+.  This is not a good sign in obtaining any help whatsoever.

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/contact-us

I did add my name to the notify list.

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/Instructions-Known-Issues-All-Paramount-Domestic

I'd consider this a service outage and we should be refunded some amount as a result.

SuzyQQ

Jump to solution

I've been having the same issue going on 2 days now. Have done everything to fix it cancelled my subscription, uninstalled app, reset Roku, reset modem nothing has worked. I agree with others we should get refunds. 

thorn197

Only Audio with No Video Paramount+ Plus for Certain Movies and Shows

Jump to solution
All of a sudden (for the past two days), certain movies and shows on Paramount+ will only stream audio.  The screen remains black except the closed captioning...  it's only certain movies and shows. The live TV on Paramount+ works and some shows will stream (ex. Tosh.O will stream); while others will not (ex. 1883 series, 1923 series, Maverick movie will not).  If I hit the skip backwards or forward button (i.e. rewind/fast forward), the video shows up while performing that action.

What's odd is my other Roku Ultra device in a different area of the house won't play those shows/movies at all. It gives an error message on those shows/movies ("unfortunately an error occurred during playback please try again.")

I've tried:

Uninstalling the Paramount+ app
Performing a hard reset on the TV, Roku, and router
Reinstalling the Paramount+ app
Checking for updates on Roku, Paramount+, and router.

One common denominator between the two Roku devices is the internet connection.  I've tried the following troubleshooting actions and none solved the issue:

Disabling IPV6 on router
Disabling all household wifi devices except the Roku stick.
Rebooting the router (multiple times)
Moving wireless router closer to the television
Testing internet speed (200+ MBPS download)
Using 5G cellular hotspot as an alternative internet connection

It is only the Paramount+ app performing this way as well. I'm having no issues with the other installed Roku channels. In addition, these shows/movies worked fine two days ago.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.