Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wyt

PBS App won’t stream anything / pops out to main screen

Jump to solution

In my case, logging into PBS Passport on by laptop worked, even though Roku kept failing as with others here. But when I started watching a program, then went back to the Roku, PBS not only worked, but remembered where I was in the program. It's as if PBS's back-end systems had been fumbling something about my account, but fixed it when I logged in via the laptop.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mikeru

Re: PBS App won’t stream anything / pops out to main screen

Jump to solution

See the same subject dated 08-16-2019 at 08:34 PM. The reply by "markshan" worked for my issue with the PBS app on Roku -- after launching the PBS app on Roku, the PBS logo was displayed but the app failed and went back to Roku. This is the reply from "markshan" that worked:

"From the Roku home screen, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Control by mobile apps. Change it from "Default" to "Permissive".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Mikeru

Re: PBS App won’t stream anything / pops out to main screen

Jump to solution

See the same subject dated 08-16-2019 at 08:34 PM. The reply by "markshan" worked for my issue with the PBS app on Roku -- after launching the PBS app on Roku, the PBS logo was displayed but the app failed and went back to Roku. This is the reply from "markshan" that worked:

"From the Roku home screen, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Control by mobile apps. Change it from "Default" to "Permissive".

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.