Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maureen1
Reel Rookie

Only Chinese Subtitles Are Appearing…

Jump to solution

I have same problem. Only on Disney Plus.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maureen1
Reel Rookie

Re: Only Chinese Subtitles Are Appearing…

Jump to solution

Your solution worked. What doesn't make sense to me is that I went into "settings" from the main menu and changed the language to English. I did this about 4 times. I even tried French. The caption would come on for 1 sentence and then change to Chinese. Chinese wasn't even a language choice on that menu. Why 2 menus and why don't they both function the same way?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Maureen1

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We'd like to take a closer look at this and see how we can assist. Have you tried setting the subtitles of the Disney Plus channel by pressing the start (*) button on your Roku remote while the app is open? It will have the option to choose your preferred language for a subtitle.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maureen1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Your solution worked. What doesn't make sense to me is that I went into "settings" from the main menu and changed the language to English. I did this about 4 times. I even tried French. The caption would come on for 1 sentence and then change to Chinese. Chinese wasn't even a language choice on that menu. Why 2 menus and why don't they both function the same way?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Maureen1, the language setting in the main menu is mainly to set the language used in Roku menus.  You can set the language of captions to be different from the language you use for the menus.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Maureen1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
mmikkyb17_
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I wish I had this problem!! I want to get Mandarin subtitles and they DON'T EXIST!

0 Kudos