Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nejay28
Channel Surfer

Re: Peacock plays ads muted and then restart Roku device

I can’t delete the app. There isn’t an option to remove it. Model 4620X Serial YT00FH835759 Device ID 7J968F835759

Channel Peacock version 3.10 build 22

tracker Id 59-417-662

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Peacock & Paramount Restart Roku At Every Commercial

Hi @Imaginos,

Thanks for following up.

I have passed along your additional information to our Support team, once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bronsonelliott
Binge Watcher

I've been having a similar issue with Peacock and watching the Dan Patrick Show on the NBS Sports channel within the "Channels" section of the app. It seems to coincide with the upgrade to 11.5 on my Roku Ultra.

The issue manifests itself in a couple of ways:

1. is the show will play fine and then I get a circle like it's buffering but it never recovers
  2. the video will just completely freeze. In either case, the only way to get things back to normal is to exit the app and go back in a reselect the show.

I've performed all of the usual things - restarted Roku, restarted router, restarted modem, ensure using latest version of Roku OS, ensure using latest version of Peacock app, connected Roku via ethernet to router, cleared cache on Roku, factory reset Roku.  But the problem still exists. Interestingly, we tried on a different Roku (Roku Stick without the 11.5 upgrade) and none of the above mentioned problems exist.

Here are my details:

• Roku Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra
  • Roku OK: 11.5.0 build 4216-46
  • Wired connection (92 Mbps speed)
  • Peacock app version: 3.10.22

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Nejay28
Thanks for the posts.

It doesn't look like you've provide the current OS that your Roku device is running. Can you please provide that information and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bronsonelliott,

Thanks for sharing the details here.

In addition to the information you have provided, can you please provide the tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)? and lastly, your device serial number and your software version, are found under Home > Settings > System > About.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bronsonelliott
Binge Watcher

I just had the issue again and the issue tracking # is 60-418-523

0 Kudos
bronsonelliott
Binge Watcher

Thank you @RokuMary-F  I provided my Roku info in my first post but here it is again

• Roku Model: 4660X
  • Software version: 11.5.0 build 4216-46
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bronsonelliott,

Thanks for the message.

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku engineering team for investigation. Once more information is available, I'll update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
mikecafs
Reel Rookie

This exact issue is happening to me too.  Is there an update to fix it?  It makes the peacock subscription I have useless - it only happens on that app.  I followed the instructions you provided and it still does the same.

For reference for mine,

the Model is 4640X-Roku Ultra
YP0046835798 (7LC734835798)
Software version 11.5.0 - build 4216-29
Timestamp 2022-10-18T16:43:38Z
Issue ID 98-418-603

It only happens on the peacock app (version 3.10 build 22) after I did the roku software update.  

I've tried a few different tv shows, and it plays until the first commercial break.  Two scenarios have occured:

1 - Right before the commercial, the program will mute abruptly and either will play the commercials silent and then freeze and restart the system.

OR

2 - The program plays in full until the commercial break.  The commercial break will play in full volume, but the counter on the bottom will stop at 4 seconds while the commercials roll.  When the next portion of the program starts playing, it is in silence and then decides to restart. 

During these times, the remote does not work, so I can't exit or pause or anything.  I tried it on 3 different shows, and it's always the same.  I have uninstalled, restarted the roku, reinstalled, and nothing.  

Thank you!

0 Kudos
bronsonelliott
Binge Watcher

Thank you @RokuDanny-R .  I am updating to the new OS version now and will report back

0 Kudos