Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vanessag1
Channel Surfer

Nothing appear on live tv channel guide

Hi,

Just bought a roku express a couple of days ago.

Yesterday everything was ok. Today, nothing appear on the live tv channel guide. I mean I can see the guide but nothing appear on the channel I choose. And it's like that for most channels on the guide! ( 170, 175)

Please help! 

0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
Charmen

Live TV on Roku Channel on showing some channels

My Roku Premier is having issues. On the Live TV on the Roku Channel it is only showing some of the programs. I can see the guide but when I click on say ION it bring up the title and summary but doesn't actually show the program. However, CrimeTV works just fine. It is happening with multiple channels. I have removed both the Live TV and the Roku Channel, restarted the system and then added them back. I have checked for channel updates and for system updates. Someone help please. This just started yesterday.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Nothing appear on live tv channel guide

Hello @Vanessag1

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Roku Express and the Live TV channel guide. We're here to help you get it sorted. Have you tried restarting your Roku device?  This can help reset any minor glitches that may be causing the issue. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

If the problem still persists, you can try uninstalling, restarting, and reinstalling The Roku Channel and see if it helps. 

Does this help? Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Vanessag1
Channel Surfer

I've tried everything I foud.

I made a renitialisation with built factory parameter. Nothing works

I created a new account with a different email and the issue is still there. Very frustrating 😖

0 Kudos
FourWalls
Reel Rookie

Re: Live TV on Roku Channel on showing some channels

Same happened on our end.  All Live TV channels one day, some channels the next.  The channels we had appear on the menu/guide, but when engage the channel it goes to black.  Something seemed to happen after Roku changed their channel menu/guide earlier this week or over the past weekend.  I've tried all the suggested fixes, nothing works.    

0 Kudos
RJpain
Binge Watcher

Same here. Very few are working since the past weekend and the others go black. No Doctor Who or Babylon 5 channels etc……

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Vanessag1 

Thanks for following up. 

We'd like to look into this further. Can you provide us a screenshot/photo of the issue you are seeing? 

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Charmen @FourWalls @RJpain,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the Live TV on the Roku Channel. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue but we need more details.

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Are all other streaming channels playing content normally?
  2. Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  3. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  4. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?
  5. Did you make any changes to your connection or Roku Settings recently?
  6. Where are you currently located?

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vanessag1
Channel Surfer

@RokuNimfa-C 

Sure I want to, just don't know how. Seem I can't add photo in the chat

0 Kudos
RJpain
Binge Watcher

Just so you’re aware I went to the trouble before replying as to which and how many live channels actually work. Only 93 channels work. I started at channel 116 and checked EVERY channel working my way up through the 4000’s which are the news channels. By the way no news channels are working. I compiled a list of all the numbers that are working. I know what I’m doing pal. I’ve reset, restarted, etc…… All apps work great. It’s your live channels you’ve messed up since the weekend. You need to install a Roku ultra as an example too be able to see it from our perspective.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.