Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Camilad

No apps are working. Everything is blank, Wi-Fi is connected but it’s not working!

I have wifi connected but nothing is showing. Live TV is not working and my apps aren’t also. When I open them up it’s just a dark screen. I tried restarting it and unplugging it and plugging it back in but it’s still not working! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
BCW1

Re: No apps are working. Everything is blank, Wi-Fi is connected but it’s not working!

Same thing is happening for us too!? 

0 Kudos
BCW1

Apps are not working, internet connection is on

None of the apps are working. Internet is on and connection is good. Home Screen is on, click an app, goes black and then returns to Home Screen. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apps are not working, internet connection is on

Have you tried performing a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate) or just unplugging the power for several seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No apps are working. Everything is blank, Wi-Fi is connected but it’s not working!

Hi, @Camilad @BCW1!

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about the streaming issues you're currently experiencing on your Roku devices. We'd be happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you get back on streaming.

Before proceeding, may we know if your device recently received any software updates prior to this happening that might have triggered this issue? Also, are you able to navigate to your Home screen?

If so, kindly follow the steps provided below to help you:

Check for software updates on your streaming device

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates
  • Tip: The System update screen displays the current software and build version, along with the date and time of the latest update.

Reset your network connection

network reset is helpful if you experience issues with multiple streaming channels or if you are using a Roku voice remote that fails to respond after replacing the batteries. 

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Advanced System settings
  4. Select Network connection reset
  5. Select Reset connection

We also suggest connecting your device to an alternative network connection to see if this will make any difference. Perhaps a mobile hotspot would do.

Please keep us posted on how it goes and we'll go from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.