Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
7footElvis
Reel Rookie

No Crave app or channel to be found

For me, I'm in Canada, set up my Roku TV in Canada, and there's no Crave app or channel to be found. So why do you suggest now? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
7footElvis
Reel Rookie

No Crave app with Canadian account

We have a Roku TV, bought and set up in Canada. And we have a Roku stick, also bought it in Canada, set up my account while in Canada. There is no Crave app available to me on devices or in the Roku channel store on the web. If Roku thinks my account is a US account, why isn't there a place to see that?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Crave app with Canadian account

I'm not sure if this is a reliable way or not to figure out what region your Roku account is associated with, but if you're logged into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com and then go to https://channelstore.roku.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page, what country does it show in the bottom right corner?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Crave app or channel to be found

Hi, @7footElvis.

Thanks for getting in touch. We'd be happy to help you access the Crave app on your Roku device.

If you want to add this app directly to your Roku TV, kindly follow the steps provided below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Store 
  3. Select Channels, then browse by genre, recommended, featured, top free, and other categories
  4. When you want to learn more about an app, press OK on your remote
  5. If the app is free, select Add channel; if the app requires a subscription, select OK to start a free trial or purchase a subscription

The app will be added to the bottom of the list of apps on the home screen. If you prefer, the app can be moved higher up the list.

You may also try via the Roku website:

1. Go to channelstore.roku.com
  2. Sign in to your Roku account
  3. Browse the categories and genres, or search to find a specific app and select Details to learn more about an app
  4. Select Add channel to install the app on your Roku device

If the app does not appear on your Roku device, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.

If you are still unable to find this app, kindly try to change your zip code through Settings > System > Zip Code > OK

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
7footElvis
Reel Rookie

Re: No Crave app with Canadian account

Huh. Oddly it shows USA. I can change it to Canadian so then the Crave app shows up, but Add is greyed out, log out and in again, it defaults back to USA. 

0 Kudos
7footElvis
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your reply. I have no "Settings" option when I'm logged on to Roku in a browser, so I can't change my postal code there.

In the app, there is Settings but no System once I get there. Only:

• PIN settings
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Third party licenses
  • Voice privacy
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @7footElvis.

Thanks for the added information.

Can you please confirm if you are also using a Canadian email address? We should also consider where you activated your Roku device and what email address you are using. If you've used a Canadian email address and activated it in Canada, you may install and stream your local apps, such as the Crave app.

Keep us posted!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
7footElvis
Reel Rookie

I'm not sure what you mean by a Canadian email address. For example, a Microsoft account using outlook.com as the email address isn't necessarily Canadian, US, or otherwise. To test that I used an outlook.com email to set up a new account and that one now shows up the Crave channel.

So the email account I used for my original account (that cannot add the Crave app) was used in Canada. I signed up when I bought our first Roku device in Canada, and registered it in Canada.

I know people say "oh, it doesn't take much effort, just sign up with a new account and hard-reset your devices, sign in with your new account." Problem is, that's not true:

• I have Roku channels added, signed in to on various Roku devices.
  • I have billing information set up in my account.
  • I have custom settings on the Roku-based TV, such as named inputs, color, audio routing, etc. Hard-resetting the TV seems insane to have to do just to change the country on my account.
  • Each device has particular naming set up.
  • Locations for devices are set up.
  • There are notification settings configured.
  • There may be subscriptions already in place.
  • There may be photo streams set up.
  • Backdrops are set up, linked to Google Photos albums.

What's also interesting is that when I go to my account in the web browser, at the bottom left I can change the language and there's a Canadian flag; I can change to English or French. That seems clear that this is a Canadian account.

If Roku limits the apps based on geographic location then why isn't there the capability for me to change my location? That can be easily verified by my IP address, which also is Canadian. 

If Roku cannot provide me with a way to change my country or cannot do it, then there should be a migration capability that can migrate everything from one account to another.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.