Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richhass

Can't add apps or search for specific apps

I want to add certain apps but can't find them through scrolling, and there's no search option. Additionally,  when I try to add the app through my phone the "+add app"button won't light up and let me press. Please help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't add apps or search for specific apps

Where are you located?  Not all apps and features are available in all regions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Richhass!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to provide further information about this.

In addition to what our Community expert provided above, please be informed that the Roku streaming platform is US-based. Although you may use your Roku device in different regions, there are only limited apps/channels available.

You may visit our website to help you learn more about What is Roku.

WE hope you find this information helpful.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TexAnna13

VERY frustrated here with my purchase of a Roku TV.  I can’t add common apps.  There is no search function.  I have tried adding the adds through both the web browser and the TV/device.  I have 2 other Roku TVs in the same house, on the same internet, and they both have the 2 channels I want.  Yet this @*#^@%# device won’t let me add YouTubeTV and The Cowboy Channel.  THEY ARE BOTH AVAILABLE IN MY AREA!!!!!!!  Someone please freakin’ help because you can NOT get ahold of any kind of “Customer Support”. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@TexAnna13, did you link the TV to the same Roku account as the other Roku devices?  Check the email address that's displayed on the TV and the other devices under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.