Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFL app not working on my ROKU stick

I put the NFL app on our tv set thru our ROKU app. We do not have cable, just wifi.   I have tried everything listed under troubleshooting to get this to work, and it still does not. When I log in to the NFL website, they do list that I bought my channel thru a 3rd party, but want me to subscribe with them. It already shows I paid ROKU!! 

I get access codes and QR codes and it does nothing when I try to access this. I cant even get the app on my phone to work. If I buy an app thru ROKU I feel it should just open, since I paid for it. Never again. I  wasted 4 hours of my life last week on this and of course you don't get a refund. I paid for it, I want it to work.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NFL app not working on my ROKU stick

We're grateful for your first post here in the Roku Community, @MelissaT3135!

We'd be happy to be of assistance here and help you contact the right support regarding your concern.

Please note that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication, and many Roku channels are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves. We understand you are billed through Roku, but we don't manage your credentials.

We highly suggest coordinating this directly with the service provider for further assistance. You may reach them here: NFL Support

We hope this will be sorted out soon so you can start streaming. 

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NFL app not working on my ROKU stick

@MelissaT3135 Since you subscribed through Roku, it's possible you can only access that content through The Roku Channel. I can't say for certain, as I don't use NFL. But many times a subscription through Roku is only accessible through TRC. You might check there and see if you have access. 

If that's not it, I suggest cancelling your subscription through Roku and instead go directly to the NFL and subscribe. That way you can use your subscription on any device. Subscriptions through Roku can only be accessed on Roku devices, and you can't access the content on other devices or using a web browser. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.