Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flex1

Re: No Audio with HD-Homerun Roku App

Jump to solution

Does not work with Ultra LT. Tried both dolby and DTS settings with restart. It only works with the top of the line Roku Ultra according to my experiance.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Flex1, I don't have an Ultra LT, but I do have multiple different Roku models and the HDHR app gives me sound on all of them.  The only time I don't get sound is when one of the Volume Modes (night/leveling) is enabled.  My Ultra (4802) gives me sound with any of the volume modes enabled.  I've also noticed that the setting doesn't seem to take effect immediately, so if I have it enabled on my 3920 and start the HDHR app I won't have sound and setting Volume Mode to "Off" doesn't change anything until I stop the video and start it again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Flex1

Jump to solution

Renojim,

Thanks for your reply. I did make sure that none of the volume modes were disabled. I have found that the sound does work on an actual TV. Initially I tested it out on my LG 4K monitor. Apparently the monitor doesn't have the decoding capabilities that a TV has. Now I also have a Roku Express 4K+ (3941X) and with this one the sound does not work with the HD Homerun app, on the same TV that the Roku 3 and now the Roku Ultra LT does.. I have found others having issues with the lower end Roku models. The reason I purchased the Ultra LT, besides the sound issue is the that, that TV is at the opposite end of the house from the router. The Roku Ultra and Ultra LT provides a wired connection which allows it to function well in that location.

0 Kudos
Wchowe
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I started this thread. I have sound with my fire stick products and HDHR. I have no sound on 2 TVs w Roku sticks. The sad thing is I used to have sound. At some point Roku did a software that left me soundless. Frustrated 😠

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, @Wchowe!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused and rest assured that we will find you the best resolution regarding the audio issues you've been experiencing with your Roku streaming sticks.

Before we proceed, we'd like to gather further information regarding this matter so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. Kindly let us know the following details:

• May we know what specific software version update are you referring to?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried to try and resolve this?
  • Have you attempted to update your software to the latest version? Settings > System > Software update > Check Now.

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to help you utilize your Roku streaming sticks again. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wchowe
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Carly, 

Thanks for reaching out. the specific model number of my Roku is in the start of this thread. Like I said I used to have sound but nothing in a few years. I believe it was a software update that killed it. 

I updated the softare to Version 12.5.5. build 4174-50 on my Roku 3810X streaming stick

Before I updated the software, I checked HD Homerun and had a good picture but no sound. I updated to the software above and restarted the software. Now, I dont have sound or a picture. When I try to access HD Homerun, the app starts accessing devices then I get bounced back to the home screen. This is all very frustrating. Like  I said before, HD Homerun works on all my Firesticks. 

Thanks in advance for any resolution. 

Bill

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Wchowe,

We understand that receiving updates can sometimes be stressful. We're here for you and appreciate you keeping us informed.

We would be happy to investigate further, but we need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wchowe
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Okay, 

Model 3810x listed above

SN YH009X944401

Software 12.5.5 build 4174-50

Device id 213139944401

After updating to the latest software when I choose the HD home run app, it starts to initiate then kicks me back to the home page. So, previously I had picture and no sound, now I have nothing. I reinstalled HD w same results. 

0 Kudos
Wchowe
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The HD app is version 88, build 20240220. Let me know if you need anything else. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Wchowe,

Thank you for providing the necessary information.

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos