Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casmith

No Audio with HD-Homerun Roku App

Jump to solution

Hi,

I had the same problem... went into the Roku settings/digital output format/Custom/DTS and turned it on. That fixed it on two different Roku models and two different TV manufacturers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: No Audio with HD-Homerun Roku App

Jump to solution

For those with no audio, I had the same issue.

To fix I just went into Settings-Audio- and switched from "Auto" to Custom and just enabled Dolby (normal) and DTS.

I restarted to make sure it took hold and then opened the app again and have audio now. This is on a Roku Express stick going to TV speakers.

My Roku Express4k doesn't seem to have the same luck though with piping from HDMI to TV to receiver.

Edit- the 4k to the soundbar was solved by changing the TV sound settings (for HDMI ARC to soundbar) to "bitstream" from PCM. After that change I had audio on that as well.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Wchowe
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mine still doesnt work

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Wchowe you need to provide some additional information. What model Roku device do you have? What model HDHR device do you have? Is you Roku connected to an AVR, or directly to a TV and using the TV speakers?

Are you watching an ATSC 3.0 channel (this is the next gen of digital TV, and the channel number is likely above 100 (mine start at 104). ATSC 3.0 is only available on the HDRomeRun Flex 4K tuner to my knowledge. But ATSC 3.0 uses AC-4 as the audio codec, and the only Roku players that can decode that is the 4800/4802 Ultra. Any other Roku device is not going to have audio for ATSC 3.0 stations. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Wchowe
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am having trouble getting sound from my HD Homerun using my Roku stick. Would like to know how to fix this. I get sound from every other streaming channel. 

Hisense 31" HDTV #d33us-m133209

Roku Stick 3810x software 11.5.0

HD Homerun HDHR4-2US

Jump to solution

For those with no audio, I had the same issue.

To fix I just went into Settings-Audio- and switched from "Auto" to Custom and just enabled Dolby (normal) and DTS.

I restarted to make sure it took hold and then opened the app again and have audio now. This is on a Roku Express stick going to TV speakers.

My Roku Express4k doesn't seem to have the same luck though with piping from HDMI to TV to receiver.

Edit- the 4k to the soundbar was solved by changing the TV sound settings (for HDMI ARC to soundbar) to "bitstream" from PCM. After that change I had audio on that as well.

Wchowe
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Info provided below, still no sounds

Wchowe
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This did not work for me on either TV

0 Kudos
ppartekim
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a the Roku Streaming Stick 3820X and an older 1080p Westinghouse 50” LCD TV. The HD HomeRun app (v78.0 Build - 2023411) was working perfectly (great Audio and Video). Then I mounted the TV on the wall which required unplugging/uncabling, etc.. Now after it is all reconnected.. the HD app will only give Video no sound. Everything else is great except the HD app. I even reset both the TV and Roku App (which was a PIA) and still only video no audio from the HD HomeRun app (AND IT WAS WORKING 3HRS AGO ON THE EXACT SAME TV).  Frustrated beyond believe, as it was the only way I could watch my Tivo in my shed on wireless..  😞.  I did notice that the App was last updated could that have caused the current break and it only really updated my app after I rebooted my Roku?

Spoiler

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ppartekim

Thanks for your post. 

It seems that you haven't tried removing the channel and reinstalling it again, to see if helps. We suggest to try this and let us know how it goes. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
ppartekim
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Nimfa,

Finally had a chance to do the “remove channel, system restart, add channel”. Did that twice and no luck.. Still great picture but no audio..

I did notice before I deleted the app it had listed “Version 78.0 Build 20230413” and the version stated in the Roku Streaming screen stated Version 1.15 * Apr 27, 2023”.

0 Kudos