Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magoo1978

Re: No Audio with HD-Homerun Roku App

Jump to solution

I have this issue as well. All the apps have sound, except for the HD Homerun app.

I was using a Roku 3 and could not get it to work so I went and bought a brand new Roku Express 4k+ but the problem still exists. Video works fine, but no audio from the Samsung TV speakers

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @magoo1978

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thank you for letting us know about the issue you've encountered with the HD-Homerun App on your Roku device. We understand the importance of having a seamless streaming experience, and we're here to help you resolve the issue as quickly as possible. To resolve the issue, we suggest following the steps outlined below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

If the issue persists after performing the troubleshooting steps above, please let us know, and we'll assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pvc12

Jump to solution

I fixed the "no sound from hdhomerun on Roku" by going to my Roku Settings/Audio/Digital Output format/custom/ then turn on DTS.

0 Kudos
Rickpaq
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, this is the only way to fix the audio problem.   Simply removing and re-adding the app is a waste of time.   I had exactly the same "no sound" problem and I'm quite sure that everyone running the HD app has the same "no sound" issue initially until they make the changes you recommended.  

0 Kudos
Wchowe
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Still doesn't work for me. I installed the latest update and changed all audio to DTS. Still NO sound. It's odd because I used to have sound with this Roku and TV combo. One of the software updates killed the sound. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Wchowe it's an issue with the HDHR app, and Silicon Dust has to fix it. They made a partial fix, as it works on my Ultra now. But still no audio on my Premiere, so they have more work to do. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Wchowe
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It's an HDHR problem? Really? Then why do all my Amazon products have sound w HD? #FINGERPOINTING

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Wchowe, because the Amazon app and the Roku app are two completely different animals.  You're comparing apples and oranges.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's something about Roku's update, but I wouldn't expect them to try to track it down for a tiny fraction of Roku users for an app that makes them no money.  That's just the nature of business.  They're far more interested in jamming as many ads in front of us as they can.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Wchowe what @renojim said. The Roku platform is a completely different operating system from your Amazon products. The apps on one platform are written in a completely different programming language, so there's no comparison between the same app on different platforms. Their developers likely work very hard to make them look the same on different platforms, but the Android based HDHR app looks very different than the Roku app. Yes, I have both. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Wchowe
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That's all good, but HDHR did work at one time. Maybe Roku should just say it's not supported, so the small percentage of buyers can make an educated decision 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.