Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kwhat1505
Reel Rookie

Re: Netflix won't install

@RokuDanny-R  When I try to add Netflix this is exactly what my tv says.

CANT RUN CHANNEL

’Netflix’ could not run because there is not enough space. Please remove one or more of your installed channels and try again. To remove a channel, focus the channel, press *, and then select ‘Remove channel’

I’ve done that several times, and nothing changes. Please let me know what we can do. As this tv is not very old at all and we should not be having these issues. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kwhat1505

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? After removing all apps, did you make sure to restart your TV before adding the Netflix channel?

If that does not resolve the issue, as a last resort, we would recommend removing all channels from your TV, then performing a factory reset. After activating your Roku TV once more, try adding the Netflix channel back to see if you are still seeing the same issue occur.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Atlas66
Reel Rookie

Boo! I tried EVERYTHING…. EVERYTHING!!!!! Even the stuff Danny from Roku suggested. I wish I knew how bad Roku was from the start, I never would’ve bought this TV. I’ve had it for less than a year or so and it’s only given me headache after headache and trouble after trouble. Netflix somehow disappeared, came back after I did a reset — YET, when I’d open it, immediately keeps going to the “not enough space”. I used to have so many apps on here until a few hours ago (yes, I’ve been at this for hours). Now I’ve taken nearly all off and it still won’t launch. I’ve restarted multiple times… a system settings restart… and every single freaking suggestion in this thread. And even when the logo eerily appeared after being a blank square, it wouldn’t work. I removed it, as Danny suggested, and did a system setting restart. Still will not launch or re-download when I went to add channel. How can there be SO many glitches for so many when this company has been in business for over a decade?!?!????!!!???!!!!?!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Atlas66

Thanks for the post.

If you are still experiencing an issue with installing a channel, as a last resort, we would recommend removing the channel, and then trying to perform a factory reset on your TV. Then once you've re-activated your device, try adding the channel back again.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kidviejo

I had the exact same problem as you with Netflix and Youtube. The solution was doing a hard reset with a button on the back of my Phillips TV. I don't know if yours has one, but if does, you should try that.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
sbean
Channel Surfer

This is where I am! A empty tv NOT ONE APP! 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@sbean What TV do you have?  Is it a Roku TV?  We need more information to help you.

0 Kudos
sbean
Channel Surfer

Yes its a Roku. I’ve done a hard reset and even deleted EVERY app and it won’t even let me install one! Tried to do the system update and keep getting error code 004.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sbean,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I would be happy to check what we can do to help get you back up and running. If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What to do if your Roku streaming device is unable to update software | Official Roku Support 

We would also recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Jex_UK
Reel Rookie

I've just opened and setup a brand new TCL 55RP620K Roku TV, and it won't install netflix.

It installs upto 52%, jumps from there too 100% then it says I don't have enough room and need to remove other channels. There are no other channels on the device. I have removed every channel, factory reset the system multiple times, created new roku accounts, turned off at the plugs, updated software,  every solution I can find on this forum.

Other channels install and work fine, but not netflix. I have a roku device on another TV and it works fine.

Please tell me there's a reason for this before I return the TV for a refund

0 Kudos