Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bomba
Channel Surfer

New Additional Ad Breaks on *The Price is Right: The Barker Era* Roku Live TV Channel

Jump to solution

Hello, all:

I have been enjoying watching the Roku Live TV channel, The Price is Right: The Barker Era, for the past several months. It is great to have on, while I have brunch, reminding me of days gone by, staying at home, during sick days, snow days, etc. Until about one week ago, the ad breaks were quite fair and reasonable; unfortunately, this changed about one week ago. Now, much like the This Old House Roku Live TV channels, Roku is taking all the original ad breaks within The Price is Right, extending each episode out to its original one-hour length. This makes this channel unwatchable.

One of the great advantages of the Roku Live TV channels is that you can use them for ad-hoc viewing, easily. However, when Roku decides to stretch out these episodes to their original on-air lengths, it is too much and ruins the viewing experience for these Roku Live TV channels. Please, Roku, reverse this decision and air The Price is Right: The Barker Era channel, without extending the episodes to their original on-air lengths, as you previously did. In my opinion, this new change ruins the viewing experience of the Roku Live TV channels, particularly, The Price is Right: The Barker Era. I look forward to hearing from you, regarding this recent change and appreciate your valuable service. Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveGSpeaking
Reel Rookie

Re: New Additional Ad Breaks on *The Price is Right: The Barker Era* Roku Live TV Channel

Jump to solution

Roku is now back to the version of the feed that we all like. Running times and episode numbers match what are being displayed.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Frankphil
Reel Rookie

Re: New Additional Ad Breaks on *The Price is Right: The Barker Era* Roku Live TV Channel

Jump to solution

I thought I was going crazy, I loved watching the prices right on Roku, because there would be about two commercials per episode. But now, like you said, it is unbearable to watch because there is multiple episodes after every game. I really hope that they fix this.

Shaboobala

Jump to solution

Hello. I have also enjoyed watching the Barker era however as of today 1/08/2023 The Price is Right channel is gone. Is it just me? 

dmadn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here - has this channel been permanently removed? I hope not!

0 Kudos
Shaboobala

Jump to solution

It appears as if it did. However it’s on Pluto which you can download onto your Roku device. Channel 1025. 

dmadn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

*The Price is Right: The Barker Era* is back on Roku!

0 Kudos
Bomba
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Please, say they have fixed those terrible ad/promo breaks...back to the way they have been in the past, NOT breaking at each original broadcasting commercial break.

SteveGSpeaking
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What happened is they switched over to the regular feed. They used to be running a different episode than Pluto and everybody else, because of the shorter timeframes. So not only is it now being stretched and filled with that music bumper, but the episode numbers that they list on the screen aren't even accurate now.

Bomba
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the informative response, SteveGSpeaking!  If anyone knows how to reach someone at Roku, in addition to this forum, let's connect with them and let them know that we want their original feed of The Price is Right:  The Barker Era back.  Thanks, again, SteveGSpeaking! 

My take on this is that these channels are great for "ad-hoc viewing"; they are not for "appointment television", as we had decades ago.  Treating these channels as if viewers are consuming them through "appointment television" is ill-advised.  This specific channel was excellent for when I was having lunch or simply wanted something on-the-spot.  The current feed is terrible for this; I never get to see much of the actual episodes, to the point where it is quite noticeable and very annoying.  As much as I loved this channel, I've stopped watching it because of this change.

SteveGSpeaking
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

"Freevee" is running the 'shorter' feed.  You have to look for live TV within the app to find it. If you 'search' for it, it doesn't come up.