Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nrf

Re: Netflix won't install

can someone tell me how to do a hard reset on my roku? i have an old one for an old tv and all of a sudden netdlix is saying "too many people on my account"- but i am the only one! netflex said to call roku and ask for a hard reset but of course there is no one to call.

please help!

thank you

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@nrf

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
emilyjeannenels
Reel Rookie

My Netflix worked fine on my roku 2 one day, then the next day it wouldn’t work, just kept going back to the Home Screen.  So I removed it, the. When I try to add it back it says there is not enough storage- I have added an SD card (like a week ago), and I removed a bunch of apps/streaming channels, but its still saying there is not enough storage to add Netflix, even though i had it before I deleted the other apps… super frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@emilyjeannenels

Thanks for the post.

How many channels do you have on your Roku device? We would recommend removing unused channels from your Roku device, then restarting your Roku device. Once your device has restarted, try adding the Netflix channel again.

Does this resolve the issue you are experiencing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
emilyjeannenels
Reel Rookie

It does not- I already deleted all unused channels (down to 6) and restarted several times and it still won’t reload Netflix because it says there is not enough space…

Kwhat1505
Reel Rookie

Roku please do something about this! I’m now having the same problem with my Roku!!!! I have three roku’s, two in my kids room, and one in mine. My daughter’s roku will not download Netflix after several attempts, and deleting every app on there. The other two tv’s are perfectly fine and work great. Please let someone know how to fix this issue! If we can’t fix it, please send us another tv, as this roku isn’t even a year old! 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Kwhat1505 

What is the Roku model number of the device that won't download Netflix? Settings > System > About

You may want to gather the serial number and other information from that page if @RokuDanny-R or someone else from Roku asks for it. Don't provide it here, PM them if they ask.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kwhat1505

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you having this issue with? Have you removed unused channels on your Roku device? After removing those channels, have you tried restarting the Roku device before trying to add the Netflix channel? If you are still seeing the issue persist, are you seeing an error message on screen? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
djdawson

We just got a new TCL Roku TV (50S535) and had this same problem with Netflix not installing saying there wasn't enough memory.  I ended up doing a factory reset of the TV via the advance settings menu option, and then during the new subsequent initial setup I selected the streaming services we subscribe to (YouTubeTV, HBO Max, Netflix, and Amazon Prime), but I opted not to select any preferred content types so it wouldn't try to pre-install any of those related channels.  After the setup process finished the Netflix app was on the home screen and it works just fine now.  Hopefully this will work for others here having this same problem.

0 Kudos
Kwhat1505
Reel Rookie

Danny, I have Roku Tv. D806X Element model E2AA40R. 

I’ve tried resetting as well as unplugged and plugged back in. 

I have tried deleting all the apps besides Netflix, yet it still will not allow me to watch. Please advise. 

0 Kudos