Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AzrealV
Reel Rookie

Nefarious (2023) - App and Website issues

The App and online website are not allowing the viewing of the new movie Nefarious. 

The website shows full information and I have screenshots. It shows as if it were able to be accessed and then only plays the 1:18 preview. I can watch other movies and have no issue getting them to play. Only this one movie. Also you cannot look it up on the app. It doesn’t show up at all. Website with GPS disabled ( US ) shows up no play. App ( GPS enabled auto ) will not show up at all. 

what is going on? Also your tech support was less than helpful. “ try again in a few hours… we will email you.” Thanks I’ll either never hear back or will get a “sorry we don’t know what happened try again.” 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Nefarious (2023) - App and Website issues

Hi @AzrealV,

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Let us help you stream the movie Nefarious (2023). May we ask what channel are you trying to stream the movie? We tried searching for the movie and were unable to find results of its availability to stream on the Roku platform. 

For reference, here is where you’ll see where to stream those for free or at the lowest cost on any Roku device. You can start searching by movies title, TV shows, actors, or directors: What's On

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
SanraS

I am interested in this movie also, what app did you use? The Theater near me didn't have it when it came out and I never heard of this movie until yesterday when I was told about it, now I've been wanting to buy it and can't seem to find it anywhere, help a brother out by pointing in the right direction, thanks in advance. 

Emymst22

The movie wasn’t promoted. Sucks because it is SUCH a good movie! It wasn’t playing near me either. I drive 25 minutes to a theatre to go see it in the middle of the day. I don’t know that it will get added to any platform. At least not for a long time. But I highly recommend you go see it if you can! I hope it comes out on rokue too so I can buy it. I’ll buy it on any platform I can get it. 

Oldad
Reel Rookie

The Roku Channel on Prime lists Nefarious (2023) when searching. The app plays the correct trailer, but plays Nefarious (2019) instead.

I'm using the latest app version from 8/7/2023, version 1.0.70.

Clearly a snafu somehow.

Thanks!

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Oldad,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that the appropriate Roku team has been informed about the incorrect content playing on the movie Nefarious and they are currently working to fix this as soon as possible, as your satisfaction is what we aim for. During this time, we ask for your patience and understanding while our team continues to look into it. 

If there's anything else you'd want us to address or need assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know. We would be more than willing to listen and take immediate action as we are committed to finding a resolution to your concerns. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Oldad
Reel Rookie

Thanks, Carly!

Will you (or someone) let us know when the problem is resolved? I'd hate to waste my limited broadband on any part of the wrong movie again.

Much obliged!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Oldad,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

As advised, the appropriate Roku team is not investigating this issue. Once we hear back from them, we'll make sure to provide an update here in the Community as soon as possible.

In addition, as the issue is resolved, you'll notice it when you're now able to stream the correct content.

Thank you for being so understanding.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AzrealV
Reel Rookie

Movie is not watchable on Roku. Had to buy it on Netflix. Great movie. Really annoyed with Roku. 

0 Kudos