Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benny7

Need Help with my Disney+ App Not Working

I just bought a Hisense Roku TV from walmart a few days ago. Every app except disney+ loads and runs perfectly. However, when I try to open disney+, the logo flashes for a second and then the screensaver is the only thing on the tv.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, unplugging the tv, uninstalling the app, unplugging the tv, plugging it back in, then reinstalling the app, roku remote codes for resetting, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone experienced this? What can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Need Help with my Disney+ App Not Working

Hi @benny7,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having issues with streaming the Disney + channel. Are you getting error messages or error codes when playing content? Suppose the issue persists on the Disney + channel only after attempting the troubleshooting steps, and videos from other channels play fine. We highly suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel may likely need to be addressed with an update from them.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KJStein

I'm having the same problem  -- started Thursday night (9/14/23). Worked fine in the morning watching a show, then BLAMO!! Belly up on the Hisense TV. The app on my phone, and playing through the PC works fine; it's only the TV. All other apps/channels work perfectly. Went through the usual resets, reboots, unplug/plug in and nada.

Uninstalling/reinstalling won't to anything, as I can't access the INSIDE of the app.

Any help/adivice is apprieciated!

Kevin Stein

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KJStein,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you taking such fantastic troubleshooting steps. If you can still not play videos from one channel after attempting such incredible troubleshooting steps, videos from other channels play fine. Contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, a problem within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.