Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NHL channel not configured

Thanks for keeping us updated, @Hogwood

Could you please provide us with the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About.)
  • What version/build is the app/channel? (this can be found by highlighting the channel/app on the Home screen and pressing the Star* button.)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID.)

Once we receive these details, we'll forward them to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hogwood
Channel Surfer

Hi,

I guess I can try to compile this information, but I'm having the same problem everyone else is. So while I try to find the time to take these steps, maybe Roku and the NHL devs can get together to de-bug the app?

Thanks,

DK

0 Kudos
Hogwood
Channel Surfer

Thanks for your thorough response. 

I'm not sure what official support documentation goes with the NHL app. It's just an app you download and launch...

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times, rebooted Roku, all the steps that all the others experiencing this problem have described. I don't know where Roku keeps its cache/cookies.

0 Kudos
mckymous
Channel Surfer

I know I was kinda told to deal with the dev team - but - I have a brand new, out of the box, never used ROKU ultra.  There were no cookies or anything else unless it comes with some.  Also, since the NHL network was my main reason for choosing ROKU after the Spectrum mess - it was the first APP I installed.  Hard to see how there could be anything to clear to make this work.

Is it time to return the ROKU and switch to something else, before my return window closes?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted about this issue with the NHL channel.

We will be more than happy to assist you further, but we would like to gather more details. Can you please provide a photo of your running problem?

We look forward to hearing from you soon, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lebrio
Binge Watcher

@mckymous, If I were you, I would definitely return your device while you're still in the window of that possibility. This latest response by @RokuJohnB should help convince you...

@RokuJohnB... Seriously? A picture? Please tell me you're just messing around with us. Tell you what... why don't YOU post a picture of the app actually working on Roku's equipment... how about that?

Quit stalling and asking for a bunch of nonsense and get the Dev's to fix it already! As many others have described, a box comes up saying the "The app could not be configured" and then crashes back to the home screen. What useful information could a picture of this provide? To prove that this is not a figment of our collective imagination?

mckymous
Channel Surfer

I'm curious - are you unable to reproduce the problem?  Does it work just fine in your lab?  If so, maybe you should tell us what your setup is - version numbers for all devices and apps.  Network configuration - wifi/wireless, are you using HDMI, Etc.  The whole nine yards.  Then we can see where we differ from what you have working.

I've been in the IT field for 36 years and have never seen anything like your responses.  Can't imagine how you need so many responses with the same data and are still unable to reproduce by now.

Lebrio
Binge Watcher

At 21:16 GMT, I received a response from the NHL regarding my earlier message reaching out to them. They have stated:

"A new NHL app for Roku is now available to download"

NOTE: I have not tested this new app, as I do not have access to my device at the moment. If anyone on this thread gets to try it and has success, it would be a nice gesture to post and let everyone know.

Tsnydmiller
Channel Surfer

Hi. There is no new app other than the old one. I removed it, restarted my Roku and redownlpaded the app. Still could not be configured. Is there an entire new app? What is the name? This one still does not work. 

Lebrio
Binge Watcher

@Tsnydmiller , thanks for confirming. I just got in front of mine and it's the same busted build (version 5.1, build 2019080801) downloading as before. Same as you, removed it, restarted, re-added and still the same result.

I responded back to NHL to tell them they're bunch of low-down, dirty liars (ok, I was much more eloquent) and it's still broken. I did ask them to confirm a version number though and if it's actually been published.

If I get a response, I'll update this thread. Sorry to smash everyone's hopes to pieces...

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.