Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jtp_96
Binge Watcher

NFL app not working with TV provider login

The NFL App/Channel TV provider log in issue. Logging in does not unlock RedZone giving an error that I am not subscribed when I am. The NFL App works correctly with my provider login on my phone and Xbox One X.

Troubleshooting steps: sign out of the app, delete app, check Roku for updates, reboot Roku, reinstall app, sign in, no change. Tested on another Roku and same issue. Tested on other devices and working correctly.

Device: Roku Ultra 4802X

Serial: X01000X88MXHSS

Software Ver: 12.0.0 Build 4184

App: NFL version 5.0 Build 47

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Jtp_96
Binge Watcher

Re: NFL app not working with TV provider login

I also went to the NFL site to reach out to their support but found no where to submit an issue.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jtp_96,

Thanks for the post, and we appreciate you for flagging us about this. We'd like to understand better about it.

Have you tried accessing this app previously? If so, are you accessing this app through a standalone channel or under The Roku Channel premium subscriptions?

Tell us more about this, and we'll further look into it.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jtp_96
Binge Watcher

Sorry it took so long to respond. I am using the actual NFL channel/app as I mentioned in my post, see version listed. Yes, I have used the app before. Last season it worked fine with a TV provider log in.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Jtp_96,

We're sorry for the late response about this issue you're experiencing.

We have passed along this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. In addition, kindly provide with us the details below.

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jtp_96
Binge Watcher

As previously stated RedZone only airs on Sundays but I went into the NFL app/channel and selected RedZone now this time it prompted me to sign up for NFL plus instead. Likely different due to not airing right now but still not seeing that I should have access.

Tracking code ID XH-466-196

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Jtp_96,

We appreciate it, and we'll take it from here. 

We'll make sure to update this thread once we have information available from the investigation.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Johnymars3381
Reel Rookie

Has there been any update here? I have the same issue with signing in with my TV provider. 

0 Kudos
Jtp_96
Binge Watcher

Not since that "we'll take it from here" 2 weeks ago. I finally figured out how to get a ticket put in with the NFL. Completely convoluted. They haven't responded since I submitted it. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Johnymars3381 @Jtp_96!

We're sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Our team is currently looking into this and we don't have any information available on how things going.

But we'll make sure to forward additional updates to them.

Thank you for your understanding!

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos