Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fundab
Reel Rookie

Re: NFL app not working with TV provider login

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm signed in with my TV provider, but it's still not unlocking the games. It works on other devices just fine, but all my Roku are broken.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fundab,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the NFL channel. We're happy to assist you. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates. Try again to access the channel and see if the issue still exists.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fundab
Reel Rookie

It was already up to date unfortunately. I've tried logging out, uninstalling, rebooting the Roku units to no avail. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fundab,

Thank you for keeping us posted!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing with the NFL channel. Do you have a subscription to this channel?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fundab
Reel Rookie

You don't need a subscription for the channel. Just like the original poster mentions, we should be able to log in to our TV provider in the NFL app, and it then unlocks the available games (usually airing on NFL Network channel) or red zone channel you're subscribed to from your provider. In my case, it's DirecTV. This used to work. But now when you select the game, it gives a message stating "This Game Requires a TV Provider subscription with access to NFLN." 

So even though I'm clearly signed in with my TV provider, the Roku app somehow hangs up. What's also weird is that the Roku app also shows I'm signed in to DirecTV in the "TV & Streaming Providers" section of the settings menu in the NFL Roku App.

But again, I know it works on non-Roku devices, because I can do the same thing on my phone, tablet, etc.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fundab,

Thank you for sharing this information with us!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ajmil0011

I'm also having this issue with Xfinity. I have NFL+ through the cable provider but the app says I need a subscription.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ajmil0011,

A warm greetings here in the Roku Community, and thank you for the additional information!

Please be aware that if a subscription message appears on the channel, it indicates that a subscription is required in order to watch the content on the channel.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fundab
Reel Rookie

I'm fairly certain we all have subscriptions.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fundab,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Have you tried to contact the channel partner? If not, please try to contact them and raise this issue on their end.

Please keep us updated on what you find out.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos