Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soybeans
Reel Rookie

Re: NBA app - new update is not working

At this point I am pretty sure this is not a roku problem anymore. The NBA app is just atrocious, idk why overhauled this thing

0 Kudos
figaro
Roku Guru

Condensed are available if you watch the games on a PC. They are listed under game details, makes no sense but that's where you can find them, however on my computers they always drop the signal before the game has finished. Unfortunately, they aren't even available on the Roku app or the Apple TV app for that matter.

0 Kudos
Jessicahap

I’m having the same issue- subscribe to nba league pass, the app is up to date, the Roku software is up to date, I’ve tried deleting the app, doing a system restart, and then reinstalling, and I still can’t stream any of the league pass games on either of my tvs (one is a Roku tv, one uses a Roku stick). When I try to, the screen just goes black but the tv isn’t off. 

I was going crazy and wondered if these games were all blacked out, but I can stream on my phone just fine. This is so frustrating.

0 Kudos
figaro
Roku Guru

Re: NBA app - new update is not fully working AGAIN

As of this morning Oct 31 the NBA App is not working properly again. Can't get any full games from Saturday to play. The games will play on my PC and on my Apple TV but not on the Roku. 

0 Kudos
jmo44

Having the same problem as of Tuesday, Nov. 1. The only full games that load are the ones that were on NBA TV. Any other full game just brings me back to the menu screen for that game.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend trying to remove the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If you are still experiencing an issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Truthertina
Reel Rookie

I did the same thing and now every freaking game is condensed down to 5-10 minutes. I don't want to watch games condensed to 10 minutes. This is ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Truthertina

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
NBAFanatic

There are condensed games, but I didn't have a way to select the stream.  The "away condensed", "home condensed" and "10 minute condensed" would play at random along with spanish, korean, ballervision, plays only and NBA strategy streams when viewing final games.  I finally gave up and demanded a refund since support was useless.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @NBAFanatic

Thank you for the inquiry!

Does the issue only occur on NBA or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Have you tried removing the affected channel and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Keep us posted if you have any further queries that we can assist with.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos