Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtmcdonough
Streaming Star

NASA tv not working properly

Jump to solution

Hi,  The last few days, when I connect to NASA tv, I only see Search and About icons.  The normal sub-programs like NASA LIVE, This Week At NASA, etc. are gone or hidden.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
denhow
Roku Guru

Re: NASA tv not working properly

Jump to solution

The NASA channel and the other channels that I mentioned are all working again. Since they all returned at the same time I assume something changed at Roku's end, rather than every individual developer making the same change at the same time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I don't have that channel installed any longer, but in the past NASA had all sorts of issues with their channel. I would guess that they are having issues again. It might be at their server end, and it might be something within the channel itself. Either way, NASA is the one that has to resolve the problem, so contacting them would be the first thing to do. I couldn't find a support page specific to NASA TV, so you'd have to use their normal contact page:

https://www.nasa.gov/about/contact/index.html

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I will add that it does work on Fire TV, but the layout has always been very different as it's based on the Android app.

0 Kudos
mtmcdonough
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi.  The NASA tv channel issue has been fixed.  We are back to normal operations.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
mtmcdonough
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Not so fast!  I am sorry to report that NASA TV has gone back to showing just the "Search" and "About" icons when starting on Roku.  Evidently, the problem was fixed for jst a few hours.  Sad situation.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This is not a problem Roku can fix. It's how the NASA Roku app connects to the NASA servers or some other bug in the NASA app that is written by NASA.

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

i checked through my saved channels and found three other channels that fail in exactly the same way as the NASA channel. So I wonder if this is a case where some developers have not updated from a protocol or procedure which is no longer supported by Roku.

The other three channels are:

Static TV

Cartoon Vault

A Space Channel (the channel icon says The Space Channel, but the onscreen name is A Space Channel)

0 Kudos
mtmcdonough
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you.  That should help someone debug this.  I sent an email to cheryl.m.warner@nasa.gov and asked her to pass on our concerns to someone who would be able to look into this issue.  Cheryl has helped in the past on another issue with NASA tv and Roku..

mark

0 Kudos
mtmcdonough
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

jmaeshobb:  You posted your reply to the wrong thread.  This thread is about a problem with NASA tv and has nothing to do with channels that do not show commercials....

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The NASA channel and the other channels that I mentioned are all working again. Since they all returned at the same time I assume something changed at Roku's end, rather than every individual developer making the same change at the same time.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.