Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surveyor48
Channel Surfer

My NBC live wont work on my Roku

I wish someone would get this figured out. Even though this is almost a year later than the last post, NBC on my Roku is doing the same thing

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My NBC live wont work on my Roku

Hi @surveyor48,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the NBC channel. We're happy to help. Please follow these steps:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add the channel.

If the problem persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
surveyor48
Channel Surfer

That didn't work either. When I go to the LIVE tab I get "Sorry We're having some trouble..." ErrorCode:CloudpathErrorVideoLoadPlayback. The VOD works fine, just not the LIVE. I did activate the app linking it to my cable subscription. The Roku is model number 2710x.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @surveyor48,

Thanks for the update!

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • IP Address (from whatismyip.com).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
  • When did they start seeing this issue occur?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@surveyor48 wrote:

ErrorCode:CloudpathErrorVideoLoadPlayback.

Cloudpath errors relate to authenicating your subscription for a channel that uses the Cloudpath service for its subscription management, such as the NBC/Universal family of channels.

One thing that some have reported fixes some Cloudpath errors is going into the channel on your Roku, finding the way to log/sign out. After signing out log/sign back in again to re-authenticate using your tv provider credentials.

The Roku is model number 2710x.

The 2710 is a very early model, released in 2013. It is no longer supported by Roku.  Its last supported Roku update was for Roku 11 -- there have been two updates since then, with a third in beta test.  If NBC has updated its app to use programming features for its live feed that your 2710 does not support, that also might be the cause of your problem. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
surveyor48
Channel Surfer

I'm starting to think the problem is compatibility between NBC and the older Roku. I had already tried several variations of signing out & signing back in. Even removing and reinstalling the NBC channel. None of them worked. Our 2710x is in our rec-room & doesn't get used as much as the newer version Roku 3910x that is in our living room. The NBC channel works correctly on LIVE when using the 3910x. I really like that old 2710x because it has both RCA and HDMI hook-ups. Can ya tell I'm an older version too?

0 Kudos
surveyor48
Channel Surfer

Well apparently the problem is NOT the older Roku. I just purchased a new 3960R and I am still having the exact same issue. I can not get NBC live stream on my brand new Roku. It still works on my 3910x Roku. WTH. Why can't stuff work right that you pay for with your hard earned money.?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@surveyor48, are the 3910 and new 3960 connecting to the same Wi-Fi network?  Are you using any kind of Wi-Fi extender?  One crazy thing to try would be to switch the locations of the two devices.  If you can connect to your phone's hotspot you might want to try that just for kicks, although I don't know if these things that require authentication work through hotspots.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
surveyor48
Channel Surfer

Thanks for your help. The problem has to be within Roku or NBC software. All other live streams work fine. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @surveyor48,

Thanks for the update!

Could you tell us if you're still seeing the same issue even after connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot?

If this does not resolve the issue, we would suggest contacting the channel support team regarding this and seeing what they can suggest about it.

This case most probably needs an app update, which is handled and maintained by the channel provider themselves. Roku only hosts the channels available on the platform.

Please update us and let us know if they're able to solve the issue or not.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos