Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSB59
Reel Rookie

My Discovery Plus Stopped Working

I watch Discovery Plus (DP) through my Roku streaming stick. The Model is #3500R. I first subscribed to DP over 3 years ago.

For the last 7 to 10 days, I have not been able to get into my DP channel. When I try and open it, it just keeps showing me the initial log in screen (Discovery logo and buffering bar) and nothing else. However, I had no problem logging into DP via my laptop.

I contacted DP Technical Support. They told me to try clearing the cache on my streaming stick, but that didn’t work. I turned it on and off several times. I also did an update of the DP channel. Again, nothing. The last thing that I could try is to uninstall/reinstall the channel. The downside is that (because I manage this subscription through Roku, not DP) I would have to cancel my DP subscription before I could uninstall the channel.

I would appreciate feedback on what is causing this problem. Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Discovery Plus Stopped Working

Hi @MSB59,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out about this issue you're having with the Discovery Plus channel. We'd like to assist you. It seems like this device is already in legacy and can no longer support the most recent features. This means that it will no longer hold further updates on channels and software updates. However, as per checking, I see that this device is still supported with the current version of the app. We'd like to know the current build of this channel running on your Roku 3500R

Please share the current build; you can get this by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the * sign button, and then sharing it here.

We would also recommend clicking on the "Check for updates" and see if there's available one.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@MSB59-

Your Streaming Stick 3500 was released in 2014 and has not been supported by Roku since September 2022 when Roku 11.5 was released.  The last Roku version it received is version 11.0.

Info on the Discovery Plus website re which Roku models it supports has not been updated since 2021 or longer.  It's quite possible that Discovery Plus has dropped support for the Roku 3500 in accordance with the release of Roku 13.0 that is now rolling out to current devices, but there's no way to tell from Discovery Plus' outdated list.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
MSB59
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the input makaiguy.

0 Kudos
MSB59
Reel Rookie

Hello ERey, sorry for the slowness of my reply, I got the Discovery Plus channel information. It is Version 3.39 . build 2. Thanks for your assistance!

Cheers,

Michael

0 Kudos
MSB59
Reel Rookie

Re: My Discovery Plus Stopped Working-UPDATE

Since I wasn't able to fix the problem, I wound up cancelling my Discovery Plus subscription.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.