Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arribaperu

Movies are not the actual movie when playing, i.e. mortal ???

Jump to solution

So, it's not the first time, but I've noticed when you go to play some movies on Roku, it plays a total different movie than what you've selected (on firestick).  The latest example is a movie called Mortal, where some guy has some powers or something, and it plays a documentary type movie.  I'm guessing there is no solution, and since Roku has zero customer support, and posting here in hopes CS sees it and makes an update... 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Movies are not the actual movie when playing, i.e. mortal ???

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated this issue regarding the incorrect title playing of Mortal (2020).

Please be aware that this issue should now be resolved. We would recommend checking to see if you are able to view the correct content during playback.

Please keep us posted what you find out. Should you need assistance again in the future, please don't hesitate in posting in the Roku Community.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @arribaperu,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention at Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look so we can help. Please cite the complete specific content title that you have tried to play on The Roku Channel as well as the title of the content that you are seeing. What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
arribaperu

Jump to solution

Trying to play Mortal (2020) R Fantasy/thriller/drama instead it plays what I believe is Mortal (2016)

Everywhere on firestick and even Roku show the trailer and title, and graphics for Mortal (2020) which looks great, however, it's bait and switch, as it plays Mortal 2016

https://www.roku.com/whats-on/movies/mortal?id=b4f43e030e3a5307818afe04610da282

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@arribaperu

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated this issue regarding the incorrect title playing of Mortal (2020).

Please be aware that this issue should now be resolved. We would recommend checking to see if you are able to view the correct content during playback.

Please keep us posted what you find out. Should you need assistance again in the future, please don't hesitate in posting in the Roku Community.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos