Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Movieland channnel removed and I'm very upset

Jump to solution

You aren't listening. There's two reasons it's gone. First, the provider may have removed it for whatever reason. Roku may or may not know the reason, but they leave it for the provider to answer that question.

The other is they are offering content they don't have the legal right to offer. If Roku discovers that is happening, the have a legal right, as well as an obligation, to remove it. If they knowingly allow illegal content to be streamed on their devices, they can (and have been) hauled into court. So they have to do so to protect themselves. But again, Roku is under no obligation to say why they removed it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Seashelli
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Your missing the point, I'm not asking "You" for a dissertation, And your answer is irrelevant to me and the point I'm making. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

No, you're missing the point. Either the company removed their channel (which Roku can't control), or Roku removed it because of violating their terms of service. In either case, Roku can't "make" the channel return. The company has to comply with the terms of service or they can't restore it. None of that is under Roku's control. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Seashelli
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Whatever, not relevant anymore 

Rafael4

Re: Movieland channel removed and I'm very upset

Jump to solution

The Movieland channel was available three weeks ago again, I loaded and started watching movies again

for about three weeks. Four days ago I went back to watch the channel it was removed again, The one thing I notice it had no commercials. I like the channel so much I would be willing to pay a monthly fee for it or watch the commercials.  Roku please bring it back!!! 

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

And again, the fact you have movies under copyright with no commercials should be a GIANT red flag that there is something sketchy going on.

Read the previous posts. Roku won't bring it back if they are breaking the law. 

donald442
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

'Movieland.tv' and sister app 'Cinema Box' returned 7-18-23, Yay - search in apps under classic tv (but only few movies, maybe rebuilding)

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Donald55,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the thread. We're delighted to hear that you now have access to Movieland TV. 

If you have any further queries, please feel free to post them here in the Roku community. We'll be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
NesNut4373

Jump to solution

What happened to movieland channel? Loved it and am so disapointed_ i find a channel i love and then its gone _ .ore like dish network all the time and that ai t good!!!!

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NesNut4373,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you've had a great experience with the Movieland channel. Kindly be advised that channels on the Roku platform are maintained and developed by the channel providers themselves. You can reach out to Movieland and inquire further about the status and availability of their channel on Roku.

If there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, please let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos