Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seashelli
Binge Watcher

Movieland channel removed and I'm very upset

Jump to solution

Movieland channel has been removed and I for one and heartsick and very upset, the movies on that channel should be available, I think it's ridiculous and greedy to keep movies that old from the general public. Shame on Roku and on anyone else that thinks that channel should have been removed, if the copyright wasn't available it should be some of those movies are older than I am and Im in the Senior category. I am just disgusted and disappointed at the general direction that Roku seems to be taking these days, they allow a 300$ screensaver to exist but remove a much loved channel of old classic movies where is the balance?!

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Seashelli
Binge Watcher

Re: Movieland channnel removed and I'm very upset

Jump to solution

Your missing the point, I'm not asking "You" for a dissertation, And your answer is irrelevant to me and the point I'm making. 

View solution in original post

Seashelli
Binge Watcher

Re: Movieland channnel removed and I'm very upset

Jump to solution

Whatever, not relevant anymore 

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Movieland channel removed and I'm very upset

Jump to solution

Hi @Donald55,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the thread. We're delighted to hear that you now have access to Movieland TV. 

If you have any further queries, please feel free to post them here in the Roku community. We'll be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator

64 REPLIES 64
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Seashelli

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

At times, our content providers may choose to remove their channel from our platform at their own request. In other cases, a channel may be removed by us if it violates our terms and conditions. We take reports of piracy or any other unlawful activity very seriously.

For more information, please see our support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

Romer

Jump to solution

I agree- Movieland.TV was my favorite channel, and now it's gone!  Any chance it will come back?

Joe

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Romer

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We currently don't have any info to share about this, but you can check out our blog at http://blog.roku.com for the latest news and upcoming updates.

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

mechell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am disappointed also. I loved that channel. How can we campaign to get it back?

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mechell 

Thanks for sharing your emotions with us. 

The channel is managed and developed by its channel publisher. We suggest you reach out to them to let them know you want their streams back on Roku!

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There is another large thread about this. Basically, just because a movie is "old" doesn't mean it's free. Copyrights for movies are typically 95 years. That means only movies made in 1928 or earlier are automatically public domain. It would be extremely rare for a movie to be put into public domain by it's owners, and that would probably be some sub-B-grade movie made by somebody with their own money. Most any studio movie will retain copyright as long as possible.

0 Kudos
Rich7878
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This was a great channel and it showed limited commercials unlike PLUTO or CRACKLE.  At least 'Clockwork Orange' is on HBO but Éasy Rider' I am not sure where that one is or 'The Great Train Robbery'.

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Based on JustWatch, Easy Rider is only rent/buy. The Great Train Robbery shows up as a 2 part TV series on Roku Channel, Pluto TV and others. The 1903 silent movie doesn't show up, but it is public domain as it's before 1928.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Should add you can find many copies of the 1903 movie on YouTube. 

0 Kudos