Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PBMc

Movieland TV

Does anyone know anything about this channel....like, is it legit? From what I've seen of the movies that are listed, I have my doubts about it. How does a small, independent channel get the rights to offer the movie, Gone With The Wind? Also, there are a few Disney movies listed such as Flight of the Navigator and Tron. Disney just doesn't hand out Okays to broadcast their movies. There are a few movies on the channel that I wouldn't mind watching but I'm a little nervous about clicking on them. Has anyone watched anything on Movieland TV?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
MasterJohnWick
Reel Rookie

Re: Movieland TV

Yes, I have watched several movies from this site but if you search this forum you'll find that the site will play most titles but not others. I've just finished watching: ' Prince Of Darkness' , 'Jason and the Argonauts', 'The Hidden'Man Wink ; days go 'The Jerk', 'Predator' , 'Blazing Saddles' 'Our Man Flint' , 'In Like Flint', 'The Goonies', 'Big Trouble In Little China'

Some movies that didn't load was 'Horror at 37,000 Feet' Man Mad

Well you can watch the movies that you want or not; but don't know how long this channel will last for whatever reason that may arise. There are no fees, no credit card, no sign in's, no link code. no info from you what so ever; sounds good to me. Unlike computers that can transmit malware, I don't think Roku can?? Smiley Surprised

johnnycash
Streaming Star

Some great classics on this channel but they are in terrible quality and most are unwatchable. Too bad. I still miss TVTime and I spend less time on Roku since they removed. Back to Firestick for me. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@johnnycash wrote:

Some great classics on this channel but they are in terrible quality and most are unwatchable. Too bad. I still miss TVTime and I spend less time on Roku since they removed. Back to Firestick for me. 

TVTime is available on Amazon Firestick?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
johnnycash
Streaming Star

No TVTime is not on Firestick. 

0 Kudos

Excellent Experience at Movieland TV

I found this movie channel among many on my Roku list. Contrary to the comments here my experience have been excellent. From classics like Giant, The Prime of Ms. Jane Brode, Nicholas and Alexandra and The Night America Panicked. Amazingly good, amazingly free with no ads

JayLo86

Re: Is Movieland TV Land a legitimate streaming app?

Yes, It's "legit". Most of the movies are classic (from the 1970s through 1930s). I believe the app is only provided by ROKU. Many of the movies on this app will save you from renting on other popular streaming services. Yes, several Disney movies are available to watch for free. Other academy award winning classic movies as well.

misty476

Re: Excellent Experience at Movieland TV

Is there a way to search on movieland, or is there a list of what movies are in what category?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Excellent Experience at Movieland TV

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @misty476!

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out to us for support and we'd be more than happy to be of assistance here.

As we check, the movies, series, or TV shows available inside the Movieland TV app are categorized by genre. There is no available search option within this app.

If you have further clarifications regarding the Movieland TV app, we highly suggest reaching out to the channel provider themselves as they are the ones who provided their app on the Roku streaming platform. 

If you have further queries, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'd be more than happy to continue assisting you. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos