Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guiness92

Max not working all of a sudden.

I have about 8 roku devices and never had a problem with any of them. The switch from HBO Max to Max was seemless and never had an issue either. At least, up until last week. The Max app allows me to log in, all profiles are there and i can search for shows and movies like normal. But now, out of nowhere, every time I click on watch, it pops up an error screen saying there is a playback issue. I've updated the devices, updated the apps, deleted and relogged in, pretty much tried everything and the error keeps popping up. Max works perfectly fine for me on all other devices, just not on any of my Roku devices, some of which are less than a year old. I called Max customer service and they said my account is perfect and the issue is with Roku and the technicians are aware of it and working on a fix. Am I the only one that cannot use the Max app on my roku devices? Do i need to ditch Roku and go to something different? Id rather not have to replace 5 Roku sticks and 3 TV's but I'm not sure what else to do. Any help would be appreciated. 

34 REPLIES 34
egates99

Re: Max not working all of a sudden.

Same exact thing is happening to me. Nothing will play on Max, I get a technical issue error every time. But it works fine on my laptop and other devices. 

Fubarzy

The Roku 4K TV played Max content without “Something Went Wrong” error (no HDMI cable as receiver is embedded to TV).  I have a Roku Ultra 4K wired to a Sony 4K TV, and a Roku 4K stick wired to an older Sony 1080P TV.  Both Roku streaming devices are unable to play Max content.  So I ordered new HDMI cables arriving tomorrow.  I’ll swap out the cables and post the results.  Oh, and I did all the suggestions from community… reboot, reinstall app, logout login, display settings, etc. 

UPDATE: I signed out and this time selected sign in with provider instead of email address.  That worked!  Guess I’ll be canceling the new hdmi cables 

Can confirm this approach worked for me.

This worked for me as well (signing in with tv provider). It’s been so long since i’ve had aby problems with roku that i didn’t even realize my Max acct was through my tv provider 

Dave121370

Same issue getting a technical error and nothing plays on Max using my Roku devices. I’ve tried every fix suggested and nothing fixes the problem. I don’t have a cable provider.  I login directly to the Max app. I also have a Fire stick and Max works on that device. Issue seems to be with Roku 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Dave121370 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us. Since the persisted after performing the provided troubleshooting step, we recommend contacting the channel provider's support directly and inquiring further about this issue for a workaround that needs an update on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

We hope this issue will be sorted out soon.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alan_A
Reel Rookie

My MAX error message changes every time I try to watch a video. The most recent message is as follows: b5abb3hd-8fb6-487e-8ca4-3a53f78e6fc9. I have rebooted, updated, uninstalled, and reinstalled, but nothing works.

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Alan_A,

We're sending a warm welcome from the Roku community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

• Does the issue occur on only this channel, multiple channels, or all channels?
  • Does this occur during TV show/movie playback, during ads, etc.?
  • A specific movie or TV show (season and episode) is an example where the issue occurs.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alan_A
Reel Rookie

Thanks Arjiemar, every other channel works fine. The error message occurs when I try to load any content on Max.