Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clef
Reel Rookie

MSNBC no longer live streaming.

Since 10/9/23 MSNBC network (which must be accessed via the NBC app) will not live stream. It is possible to select and view their recorded content and shows, but the live stream option no longer works. The MSNBC Live Now option appears, but it cannot be selected. Try selecting it and absolutely nothing happens. This is occurring on all of my Roku devices. 
There are no problems live streaming MSNBC on other devices (iPhone, iPad, PC) so this looks like a Roku issue. 

32 REPLIES 32
Rich0826
Channel Surfer

Re: MSNBC no longer live streaming.

I noticed this too and it's very annoying.. It still shows up as an option but says N/A under it and you cannot select.. I can go to the Peacock app and select channels, go to Morning Joe live from there.. 

thetm

Same issue here. Live shows N/A and does not respond to button presses.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for flagging this to us.

we're sorry to hear about this, and we'd like to help. You can perform this troubleshooting step below to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, you may want to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue for a workaround that needs an update on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rich0826
Channel Surfer

Didn't work.. I would have no idea how to contact NBC for their Roku app.. seems odd that you would post that being your platform but okay.. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Rich0826.

Please be aware that independent apps or channels, including MSNBC on the Roku streaming platform, are being created, maintained, and updated by the channel providers themselves. You can contact them through their Customer Support website or directly contact their line at 1-212-664-4444. 

Let us know if you have further clarification or are in need of any assistance. We'd be glad to continue doing so. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PaulRomo

Agreed. MSNBC just stopped working right when the war in Israel started. Can't believe that NBC has not got this resolved.

Rnestoe
Reel Rookie

I did contact NBC Help. They were of absolutely no help with an automated response. 

Rnestoe
Reel Rookie

Exactly.  seems to be a Roku issue only. I chatted with Roku support - absolutely no help. Said they would escalate to a different team and let me know by email. Have heard nothing. 

John70
Reel Rookie

Re: MSNBC no longer live streaming

Temporary Workaround:

Search for and add the separate MSNBC  Live channel.

After the trial period of 10 minutes, you will be asked for sign in information.

I gave my Verizon info, same as for NBC app, and it worked fine.

Oddly, this app does not show in my normal channel listings.

It does show, however, when I select "See All."

This gives access to MSNBC live.

I hope the regular NBC MSNBC app gets fixed soon.