Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoeyD11
Reel Rookie

Re: MLBTV freezing during commercials

I have been having this issue for the past week or so as well.  I have tried all the recommended approaches to no avail.  I have a TCL model 65R655 Roku TV.  Hardware ID J102X. Software version 12.0.0, build 4184-DK. I don't think my model is in the previous posted list so would someone please fix this.  It is bad enough I have to pay for a service I can;t even watch.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community Users!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We humbly ask for more details from you so we can forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix this occurring issue as soon as possible. Kindly provide us with the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What is the channel version or build? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • When did you start experiencing this issue, and what troubleshooting procedures have you taken to resolve the issue?
  • Could you please provide us with a video/photo of when the issue occurs? 

We'll be looking forward to your responses to effectively forward this to the appropriate Roku team, as we are committed to resolving your concerns. Your satisfaction and convenience are essential to us. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NoeyD11
Reel Rookie

Here is the requested information:

Roku device model: J102X
serial number: X02100FGUG49
device ID: S0GV52CGUG49
software OS/version: 12.0.0, build 4184-DK
GC version: 10.0.525
Issue ID: 49-356-995

This issue started around 8/30/23.  We have tried all the steps previously stated in the Roku forum as well as recommended steps by MLB & none have worked.  As stated in the entire thread for this issue, it occurs whenever the ballgame goes to commercial.  Please let me know how you will resolve this.  Thank you.
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NoeyD11,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We appreciate your understanding and patience in the meantime.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RFKfan1991
Reel Rookie

Quick update (sorry I didn’t post sooner) but a day or so after posting, the problem mysteriously stopped. No problems since. I had a Roku 3.  Model 4200.  

0 Kudos
NoeyD11
Reel Rookie

Any update on this?  I am still unable to use MLB.TV on my Roku.  It continues to freeze on any commercials & I can't even access it if the game is in a commercial when I try & load it.  Please help!

0 Kudos
bobby_9009

I tried MLB.TV on a chromecast and it works fine.  To test, I have 2 Devices, a chromecast and a Roku, both playing the same game, same wifi network, and the Roku still freezes while the chromecast works fine. This seems to be a Roku problem....

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NoeyD11,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We're currently aware of the issue that you're experiencing. Our appropriate Roku team is further investigating this issue that you're having with the MLB channel.

In the meantime, we value your understanding and patience.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bobby_9009,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the MLB channel. We're happy to assist you. Did you remove the channel, restart your Roku, and re-add the channel? If not, please try these troubleshooting steps below:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NoeyD11
Reel Rookie

I have done all the things you have suggested several times & on different days.  It DOES NOT WORK!  It is obviously a problem with Roku & different devices accessing the MLB package.  I have several Roku devices in my house.  Some work, some don't.  Some are older some are newer but the fact that my oldest one works but my newest doesn't is a problem.  My main concern is the one I provided my info on which is a ROKU TV & not a separate Roku device.  Please figure out what is going on & get this fixed!  I don't think MLB.tv wants to hear that I won't be ordering their package next year since it won't work on my Roku TV.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.