Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SweeneyTodd
Reel Rookie

MLB App Suddenly not working

Jump to solution
My MLB TV app has been working perfectly for the past few months. I changed my password yesterday, and now I cannot acess MLB app on ROKU. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it several times (including rebooting my ROKU), but nothing happens. Meanwile, I spent over an hour with a representative at MLB, who checked all of my Internet/WiFi details. Everything was just fine. I should point out that I needed to log in with my new password on my PC and on my iPhone after changing my password. They all worked out. It would seem that I need to log in to my account on my Roku MLB app to make it stream on my TV, but I cannot find access to my account there to do that.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: MLB App Suddenly not working

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @SweeneyTodd!

Thanks for reporting this to us. We'd be happy to provide further information regarding this matter. 

If the basic troubleshooting steps of removing the app, performing a system reboot, and then reinstalling it don't fix the issue, we highly recommend reaching out to the channel provider themselves for further assistance. 

We believe this is related to their new requirements, which may affect some Roku devices. They no longer support a specific Roku device model. Since they manage and maintain their app on the Roku streaming platform, we recommend coordinating this with them.

You may reach them here: MLB Support

We hope you find this information helpful.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
maclairetx

MLB subscription through Roku not working!

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  You all make it easy for yourselves to take our money, yet we have to jump through hoops.  This is not acceptable.

i need answers.  I am missing the game RIGHT NOW because of this nonsense.  Why don't you all have a phone number to call?  

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: MLB subscription through Roku not working!

Jump to solution

Hi @maclairetx,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your problem with streaming the MLB app on Roku. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Please tell us more details so that we can better understand the problem you are having.

Please elaborate on it for us so we can further assist you. Let us know how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
autumshade

Jump to solution

I don't know what  this subscription is for. Who is MLB?

0 Kudos
RLJ1

Jump to solution

Major League Baseball App.  You can purchase to watch Major League Baseball games, but there are blackouts for certain areas, so be aware of that if you purchase the app.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Just to be sure, did you reboot your Roku after you removed it and before you reinstalled it?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SweeneyTodd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did that times. 

0 Kudos
SweeneyTodd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I that several. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @SweeneyTodd!

Thanks for reporting this to us. We'd be happy to provide further information regarding this matter. 

If the basic troubleshooting steps of removing the app, performing a system reboot, and then reinstalling it don't fix the issue, we highly recommend reaching out to the channel provider themselves for further assistance. 

We believe this is related to their new requirements, which may affect some Roku devices. They no longer support a specific Roku device model. Since they manage and maintain their app on the Roku streaming platform, we recommend coordinating this with them.

You may reach them here: MLB Support

We hope you find this information helpful.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Irdkawi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The only thing that worked for me on my ROKU TVs was to uninstall the MLB app, factory reset the TV, unplugged the TV overnight, reinstalled the MLB app, was prompted to login, and the app worked. 

You can opt to do every step individually like I did, but the only successful method is as explained in first paragraph. 

Good luck! Someone need stop fix their app(s)  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.