Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find Roku app for TCL Google TV

I recently purchased a TCL 75S551TG Google tv, and wanted to install the Roku app on it. No amount of searching shows the app being available for the tv. Both the TCL and Roku say show the app being available through Google Play but no such luck. Plugging in my ancient Roku stick to the hdmi port, but wanted to avoid going that route. Might there be a geographic restriction here? Based in Canada.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot find Roku app for TCL Google TV

I assume you are referring to The Roku Channel app, not the Roku control app. I didn't think it was available on Google TVs (I thought Samsung TVs were the only one), but I do see it in the Google Play store (play.google.com). However, are you certain it's showing as available on your specific TV? I don't have any Google TVs, but do have several Android TV based devices and they show as supported. The Play store should show if it's actually available for your TV, and if it is you can install it from the web page. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot find Roku app for TCL Google TV

There is a Roku Channel app for Google TV. I have it installed on a Walmart Onn Google TV 4K Pro. Sometimes, the search is a pain as it often gives YouTube finds instead of apps. Try searching for "The Roku Channel app", or just "The Roku Channel".

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.