Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sambou
Channel Surfer

Live channel guide not accurate

On some channels the shows shown in the guide are not the ones actually playing. I don't know where they get their guide data from, but it's totally inaccurate.

Also, who decides which episodes are in the cycle? On some channels they keep replaying the same two dozen episodes over and over again.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Live channel guide not accurate

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @sambou!

No worries. We'll find you the best resolution for this. 

Would you mind providing us with a photo and video of what you are referring to so we can assess the situation better? Also, kindly tell us on which specific app or channel (also the movie or TV show title) you are experiencing this so we can check and figure out the root cause. 

The best course of action will be suggested once we have a better understanding of the situation. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sambou
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra TV Roku Channel Live TV guide app.

A few channels often have inaccurate information: Motor Trend, Torque, Power Nation (sometimes), Modern Marvels are examples of those I watch regularly.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sambou,

Thanks for getting reporting back here.

We'll have to forward this over to the time, but we'll need your help by providing with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • List of channels you see mislabeled information.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
troystanton70
Channel Surfer

Mine is doing exactly the same on certain channels I watch frequently one example is Torque channel never has on what it says is supposed to be on 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @troystanton70

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for reaching out for support. Could you please provide the requested information as @RokuERey mentioned above in this thread? Once we have this information, we'll be able to take a closer look at this issue.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nottarobot
Channel Surfer

Same problem for me mostly noticing it on the Torque channel. It is 12-19-23 at 10pm central time. My guide tells me that Truck Night in America should be on. But the show playing is some kind of motor cycle club show. Possibly called We're the FUGAWIS?  The guide for this channel has been wrong for months.  Here is a photo showing the guide and the program currently playing  

IMG_4962.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Nottarobot!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. 

In this instance, we will request additional reinforcement from the relevant team for further review and finding the best resolution possible. Kindly provide us the following details requested by @RokuERey so we may be able to forward your details to the relevant team. 

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nottarobot
Channel Surfer

IMG_4973.jpeg

0 Kudos
Nottarobot
Channel Surfer

Torque channel had the incorrect listing when that issue report was generated. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.