Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vadeltachi
Streaming Star

Re: Known issue with Xfinity Stream App / Roku external devices OS 11.5 Build 4312

I have 101 apps on my Roku and the only one that suffers this issue is the Xfinity Stream app. It started when the stream app went from beta to production and continues to this day.

Xfinity (without much backing) insists that it's a Roku firmware issue specific to the Roku ultra. 

I've tried to get help from Roku using their tools -- one of which is broken (send us an email) an the chat service features overseas script-following automatons who do little more than suggest reboots and resets which, of course, do not solve the long-standing issue.

A week after that "chat," Roku sent me an email with a transcript of the automaton's efforts and asked me if I still needed help.  I replied yes over a week ago and never heard back.

Re: Known issue with Xfinity Stream App / Roku external devices OS 11.5 Build 4312

I gave up. Although it appears the issue is from the Xfinity App because it was the only app that the problem, I got tired of waiting out the 'blame game' between Roku and Xfinity. ... I sold all 4 of my Rokus and replaced them all with 4k Fire Sticks and the issue is gone. ... The Xfinity App runs great on the Fire Sticks. ... Sorry Roku.

vadeltachi
Streaming Star

I will follow you and do the same. As a plus, I can get sound through my Echo speakers using Amazon sticks, too. 

SmokeyDaBear64
Reel Rookie

My workaround is a Xfinity cable box. It works so much better. It’s 10$ a month, but it’s worth not having the frustration. The user interface is much better as well  I HATE having to give them another 10$ a month but IT WORKS!!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting about this issue in the Xfinity Stream app.

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Yeroc1071
Channel Surfer

This was supposed to be addressed back in January of 2023 with an update. And yet here we are still. I will believe it when i see it.

dhrubin

Seven Roku sticks and they all fall out of sync only with Xfinity stream. So frustrating that nothing has been done! 

LAMylott

I have been having the same issue for 6 plus months….won’t waste my time calling Comcast support…so ready to leave Comcast. 

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

RokuJohn,

Not good enough.  Six months of **bleep** with Xfinity Stream app.  It's your hardware, force Comcast to remove the buggy app until fixed.  That should get things moving.........

JimmyO

JimmyO
Streaming Star

SmokeyBear,

Glad that works for you but the basic premise of streaming is to use your own hardware and avoid $10-20 per month in equipment rental fees from good ole "Comcastic".  I'm sticking with Roku hardware and will force Comcast to compensate me for the shoddy app that makes my stream bundle package difficult to use.  

JimmyO

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.