Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kev162

BBC I player, not working

I am unable to access BBC I player.

This channel had been working fine, a few nights ago the message was displa "Sorry, this application is not currently available on your device please exit/quit and try again later".

I tried that, it didn't work. 

I have also tried,

Switching TV off at the mains.

Disconnecting and reconnecting router.

Updating software. 

Factory reset.

Contacting bbc I player.

This is really frustrating. 

Could anyone please help. 

Model no RR32HDI

Hardware GF06

Software version 12.0.0

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: BBC I player, not working

Hi @Kev162,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand you have an issue with BBC iPlayer. If you are done with the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels are playing fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, a problem within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Also, you can check this article for further references on why a channel is no longer available on Roku devices.

If you have other queries aside from this, please let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Aravis

I have exactly the same model and exactly the same problem.

Bbc say model is not supported and only answer is Roku to get in touch.

Currently 15 mins into live chat with Roku but no one seems to be actually chatting

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Aravis,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you have an issue with BBC iPlayer. We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing. Can you please provide a detailed description of the issue you are encountering? Are you encountering any error messages or error codes? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

We will be better equipped to provide further assistance by providing additional details.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Aravis

I've already spent an hour in a live chat which was less than helpful.

I had to remind them constantly that I had already contacted the channel.provider and they had said to contact them as the issue was with the device,not the channel

Finally discovered that Roku are not the manufacturer- RCA need to be contacted to follow up with BBC direct. Mind you, the live chat gave me wrong link then abruptly ended it so I had to start a new one to actually get any useful info.

Not happy about this at all

0 Kudos