Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yeroc1071
Channel Surfer

Re: Known issue with Xfinity Stream App / Roku external devices OS 11.5 Build 4312

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread thst the problem doesn't exist on fire sticks. Said the app works fine.

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

Re: Known issue with Xfinity Stream App / Roku external devices OS 11.5 Build 4312

I can assure you it is not a firmware bug in just the Roku Ultra.  I have four separate Roku devices:

1. Roku Ultra

2. Roku streambar

3. Roku wifi streamer

4. Hisense RokuTV

All except the wifi streamer are wired ethernet Cat6.  Like you no issues until Xfinity Stream went from Beta to Version 6.x production.  Xfinity level 2 support informed me on a support incident recently that a new version is due out July 15th.  Now, they either provide this new update that fixes the issue on 7/15 or I am pursuing other remedies.....

JimmyO

SmokeyDaBear64
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
vadeltachi
Streaming Star

Where you will find this:

"Roku has confirmed this is an issue on their end, caused by a software update to their devices they initiated. Roku is working to resolve the issue, but have not given a time frame, and it may be awhile before a fix is implemented. I am sorry for this experience and thank you for your patience and understanding."

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

No support ticket #, no problem report number for the bug tracker?  These are just words that really mean nothing to me....

JimmyO

megk
Reel Rookie

I'm having this problem too. So frustrating. I hope there is an update on the 15th that fixes this. It is only the xfinity stream app that has the audio problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @megk,

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about your concern, and we want to help you with this. Could you please tell us more about the you're having? Also, is this issue isolated to the Xfinity Stream App, or are other channels also affected?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
megk
Reel Rookie

It is only the Xfinity Stream app. It is happening on multiple tv's using roku's to stream. Usually, after the app is on for a little while the audio either pops and then is super soft or loud or the audio and video will be out of cinq. It will temporarily correct when we change the channel, but reverts back a few minutes later. Very frustrating. It's been happening for probably 6 months. I have reached out to Xfinity, but they couldn't fix it.

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

MegK,

You have the same problem as the rest of us that have posted technical information about this problem for over six months.  Here are my posts from January with symptoms and hardware:

Just wanted to make the community aware of an issue with the Comcast Xfinity Stream app and Roku external devices.  Users started reporting an audio issue to Xfinity TV support in late October 2022.  Basically, the sound will generally become very loud and distorted or alternatively very low.  Exiting the Stream app and re-entering it clears the audio issue.  The issue is not seen for me in any other apps on Roku including Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. 

I see the issue on a Roku streamer Wifi, Roku 4802R (ethernet), and a Roku stream bar 9102R (ethernet via USB 2.0 port dongle).  All are running Roku OS 11.5.  Streambar sees the issue about 3-4 times per day.  It is at Build 4312-95.  The problem appears to have started after the Xfinity Stream app update in late October.  

Here is the support thread on Xfinity forums:

‎Stream App volume fluctuations  (low to really loud) | Xfinity Community Forum

I'm posting this here in the hopes that Roku engineering can help Xfinity support determine the root cause and a resolution.  

Xfinity response to my inquiry on the XfinityTV support forum:

I just checked my Xfinity email and looks like Comcast has a fix in the works and a planned update to the Xfinity Stream app around 1/3/23:

From Xfinity Support:

Hello, Jim! Thanks for reaching out to us on the Xfinity Forums. I hope you are doing well! I was able to pull the account up and see you have been with us since 2016 at this location. I want to take a moment and thank you for this continued loyalty! I apologize to hear that you are having issues with the audio on your Roku devices when it comes to the Xfinity stream app. It looks like we have been working on a fix for this issue which should be coming out in the next update to the streaming app. If I read the notes right, this might be around 1/3 but is always subject to change. Would you like us to follow up with you around that time to see if the new update was released and fixed the issue?

Here is the hardware list and software level information I provided to Roku Employee "Danny" over five months ago.  

Hi Danny,

Here is the Roku device information you asked for.  Sorry for the delay.  Please note the Xfinity stream audio issues only occur on my external Roku devices not the built-in Hisense Roku TV (bottom device)

Roku Streambar -

9102R

Software OS 11.5.0 Build 4312-95

Device ID 2A1192831409

The streambar is connected via a Roku recommended USB 2 to Ethernet dongle with cat6 wiring to a 1GB netgear switch port.  

Roku Streaming Stick+

3810X

Software OS 11.5.0 Build 4312-50

Device ID 215081729310

HDMI connected wireless device to a Vizio HD TV.  This device is communicating directly to a Netgear WRT32X router directly beneath this room.  Signal strength is always showing excellent.

Roku Ultra

4670RW

Software OS 11.5.0 Build 4312-46

Device ID KX9985961382

32 GB microSD card installed 6% used

Direct ethernet cat6 wire connection to a netgear 1GB switch port to a wall jack that then connects to a master netgear switch in the next room.  I have cat6 wiring thoughout the house.

Hisense Roku TV Model 50R6+ (50 Inch UHD)

Hardware ID C247X

Software OS 11.5.0 Build 4312-94

Device ID S03T80AJ7UXN

This device is ethernet cat 6 connected to a wall jack that connects to a master 24 x 1GB port netgear switch about 30 ft down to a wall closet.

Hisense RokuTV does not seem to have the problem as often but now sees the audio/video sync issue that started with recent updates to Xfinity Stream and Roku OS 12.

JimmyO

Duke2

I have been experiencing this issue with audio and video not syncing up for quite a while now. I have had several calls with xfinity and they were unable to fix. It is very annoying and frustrating. It only happens on certain channels. And only the xfinity stream app. I recently replaced my Roku streaming device thinking that was the issue. I did turn in several help tickets to Roku with NO response at all. 

0 Kudos