Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
konish
Reel Rookie

King Lear deep link in Search goes to wrong video

I searched for King Lear on my Roku TV and found a link to Kanopy. When I clicked it, it was not the Ian McKellen King Lear, but a different one. The Kanopy deep link should be removed from this title:

https://www.roku.com/whats-on/movies/king-lear?id=4c5e46fa364352c19e35dcd5c36f0cd4

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: King Lear deep link in Search goes to wrong video

Hi @konish 

Thanks for the post.

For us to assist you further, could you tell us first on what channel you accessed the content? Is it through The Roku Channel or on a different channel? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
konish
Reel Rookie

Hello Kariza-

I accessed it via Roku search on the top level OS - I wasn't in a channel. I believe the search feature searches across all available channels. That is how I saw the Kanopy deep link.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@konish 

Thanks for the reply.

Could you provide us with the specific title and year of King Lear you are trying to access so we can verify? 

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
konish
Reel Rookie

Hi Kariza-

This is the movie in question:

https://www.roku.com/whats-on/movies/king-lear?id=4c5e46fa364352c19e35dcd5c36f0cd4

King Lear (2008) starring Ian McKellen. The Kanopy watch link is incorrect.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@konish 

Thanks for your cooperation. 

I have forwarded your concern to the appropriate Roku team to investigate this issue further. Once we have an update, we'll post it in this thread.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos