Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soyopa81
Reel Rookie

Issues with Close Caption Out of Sync

Jump to solution

When watching Live TV and on Some channels closed caption is out of sync .. sometimes by 1-2 seconds.. sometimes 3-5 seconds... I've seen some applications that lets you adjust with a bar -time / +time.. does Roku Offers that option or is that something that can be added? I love close captions and is annoying to be turning on and off on every channel that are out of sync and unable to adjust !!

Westinghouse:  WR55UT4009

Hardware ID : 7815X

Software V. 12.5.0 ● build 4176-AM

THANKS

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Issues with Close Caption Out of Sync

Jump to solution

Hi @Irony58,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the closed captioning since it was out of sync. Please try the steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System Restart.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Soyopa81,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you specify what content (shows or episodes) has this issue? And from what streaming channel are you accessing this live TV? Also, during playback, click on the start button to check for additional closed captioning options.

Please keep us informed.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Soyopa81
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

For example channel 471 Love Nature, channel 475 Magellan, and channel 470 Modern Marvels, those are the 3 channels I watch the most and Channel 470 its fine, channel 475 (Magellan) is about 1.5 - 2.0 seconds behind and Channel 471 (love Nature) is about 4-5 seconds delay on Closed Caption.  I have to be turning CC on and off every time I change a channel. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response, @Soyopa81.

Is this Roku Live TV? or from another streaming channel? Have you already tried a system restart? Also, during playback, what options are given when you click on the star button?

Keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Irony58
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I'm watching the TV show Helix on the Roku channel. Episodes 1 - 3 were fine, but Episode 4 has captions that don't even seem to be from the same episode. I can see it's the same show, but that's it.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Irony58,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the closed captioning since it was out of sync. Please try the steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System Restart.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.