Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Insanely LOUD Commercials ONLY on Roku Channel

Sure thing, @19AMC82!

Kindly send me a private message by following the steps provided here.

We're looking forward to your details.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Especially the "gaming apps" they know it's almost 3 x the normal volume. They don't solve it because they don't have to fix it. Sad really, 

FeeMax

It's now August 2024 and the problem persists. I'm watching a program at the regular volume and the volume increases when a commercial comes on -so loud, it's startling. None of the fixes Roku experts recommended have worked for me. One of my Roku products is a Roku Hisense TV and the volume control on it doesn't stop the annoyingly loud, obtrusive  commercials when streaming the Roku channel. I'm at an impasse about tossing Roku products. The programming is great, but the loud commercials destroy the viewing experience.

WTFr0ku

it seems this company has no customer support and no customer relations to run this business without blowing our eardrums out with loud commercials and barely audible shows and movies

0 Kudos
GardenGal45
Binge Watcher

Same as one of the earlier appeal and the support Answer::  I've contacted Roku on a different issue and received the same list of Hoops to Jump Thru in terms of TV brand, settings, product #, etc. and was asked to write it all down and send it to their team to check.  WE should NOT be the ones who have to do all that "research" and report back, after we have already written all the attempts we have made to correct or adjust the issue. 

This applies to channels that List a program [live], yet a totally different program/movie appears on that channel. It is NOT a personal TV's setting problem when it suddenly occurs and the subscriber has changed Nothing in their TV or cable or internet settings.

0 Kudos
CoryKent7
Channel Surfer

This doesn't help when you're watching a show quietly in the middle of the night, and the commercial comes on, louder than you would need it in the middle of the day with other noise around you. It scares the daylights out of you, wakes a sleeping baby, and can wake up adults and older children in the house if they're asleep in the room.

This is also against the FCC regulations.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Rest assured that we will review this matter to determine the cause and find you the best resolution possible. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • A short video clip of it happening if possible.

We'll be looking forward to your responses.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.