Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jay_tee3

Incorrect Movie Showing on Roku tv app

The 2003 movie titled Out Of Time starring Denzel Washington is listed but some other film plays when clicked. Could this be fixed also?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Incorrect Movie Showing on Roku tv app

Hi @jay_tee3,

We appreciate you sharing this observation, and we will definitely look into this one.
Please also be advised that our appropriate team is working diligently to resolve the issue. Once more information is available, we'll update this community thread.

We appreciate your patience as we conduct a thorough analysis of this issue.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
slicerdh

this is not the only one that has this issue. Tonight, I tried to watch one I had on my Watch List.  "Purgatory" with Eric Roberts and Randy Quaid, a western thriller fantasy movie filmed in 1999.  when it appeared ready for viewing, I went to watch it and instead of watching the movie I selected it was some modern-day horror flick movie called "Purgatory" with low budget acting and plot.  This is not the first time I've come across this issue with not only Roku but other streaming services as well.  I feel more effort is needed in the logic portion of the app to ensure that the movie advertised is the movie that will be viewed not just randomly well they have the same name so must be the same movie.

Thanks

Slicerdh

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @slicerdh,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thank you for sharing this observation. Rest assured, we'll pass this additional information on to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. As mentioned, we'll update this community thread once a few more details have been gathered.

Warm regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stevelp
Channel Surfer

I, too, was sadly disappointed with the wrong PURGATORY movie.  You'd think they could match the card with the movie.   And all ROKU can say is "we will look into it." 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Stevelp,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We want to assure you that we are committed to providing you with assistance, especially with this content issue you've experienced. For us to understand the issue further, what show does appear when you play the content "Purgatory"? In addition, an image referring to the expected movie and the movie that appears would be much appreciated.

Tell us more about this so we can address it promptly.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stevelp
Channel Surfer

The card (the picture of the movie that reminds me of an index card) show Sam Sheppard in the western with religious overtones movie named "Purgatory."  The description is for that same movie.  But what plays is a different movie named "Purgatory."

Just do a search on "purgatory", read the description, then play the movie and you will see automobiles on a 4-lane highway within 20 seconds or so (after the opening credits).  This is not a western.  Just as was already described in this thread.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for providing us with added information, @Stevelp.

Rest assured that our Engineering team is fully aware of this occurring issue and is in the process of fixing it as soon as possible. In the meantime, we are very grateful for your patience and understanding regarding this matter. 

Let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address; we'd be more than willing to listen and take action. Take care!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stevelp
Channel Surfer

So I see you ROKU folks fixed the problem ("Purgatory" the western with religious overtones vs "Purgatory" a modern-timed movie) by showing an ENTIRELY different movie named "Purgatory"; but at least it seems that the "card" and the movie match.  Interesting approach. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.