Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roy76
Binge Watcher

ITVX blank screen after 6 hours

Jump to solution

Right over the past few months, I’ve been in touch with ITX Help on Twitter as both my Roku 4K devices keep showing a blank screen after 6 hours of live TV streaming.  We’ve actually timed it to 6 hours and the app cuts it to a blank screen.  We have to exit the live stream then go back to the live stream to keep on receiving a live tv.

ItvX have said that there was no issues on their site or app and are stating it’s either out ISP (very doubtful) or the Roku software which cuts the stream off.  Now this is where we’re having an issue as the network is all set it off.  Plus Channel 4 and My 5 have no problem & can be streamed for longer periods.  We also have issues with BBC iPlayer that cuts out too but that has a different cut off time.

ITX Help have stated that we need to do a factory reset do discount the software.  BUT here’s one of the aspects we have an issue with them.  They’re stating that the latest software for the roku is 3.1.4, but the one that is installed and states is the latest version is 3.1.1.  They did suggest using an ethernet cable, but the device doesn’t have any ethernet ports, plus we have excellent internet on a mesh network so no dead zones.

It seems ITV are blaming everyone else for the problem.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: ITVX blank screen after 6 hours

Jump to solution

Hi @Roy76 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. 

It looks like Bandwidth Saver is disabled on both of your Roku devices, therefore, you were able to stream other channels (aside from ITVX) non-stop or for a longer period of time. With that being said, we recommend you continue working with the channel developer since many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Furthermore, please note that some streaming channels employ their own mechanism to cease data usage after a specific period of inactivity. These features will not be affected when you disable Bandwidth Saver. 

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Roy76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Issue has been fixed after I factory reset the boxes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Roy76 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. 

It looks like Bandwidth Saver is disabled on both of your Roku devices, therefore, you were able to stream other channels (aside from ITVX) non-stop or for a longer period of time. With that being said, we recommend you continue working with the channel developer since many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Furthermore, please note that some streaming channels employ their own mechanism to cease data usage after a specific period of inactivity. These features will not be affected when you disable Bandwidth Saver. 

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Roy76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you, I have explained all this to the channel developer but they’re refusing to acknowledge it’s an issue with them.  They’re stating it’s an issue with either you guys or my ISP which is highly unlikely.

0 Kudos
Roy76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Issue has been fixed after I factory reset the boxes.

0 Kudos